Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask

View Poll Results: What do you think about teenage pregnancies?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I oppose teenage pregnancies.

15 88.24%
  • I support teenage pregnancies.

1 5.88%
  • I am indecisive.

1 5.88%
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

May 25, 2008, 05:02 PM
    What has the world come to?
    I am upset with society as of right now. Why, you ask?

WELL... I've heard cases of girls getting pregnant at THIRTEEN YEARS OLD!

I think that teen girls getting pregnant SO young is absolutely crazy!

Furthermore, (in my opinion) its shocking that some people believe this is okay.

My question is: What is your opinion on teenage pregnancies?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 25, 2008, 05:14 PM
    Yes, of course on hear, it is mostly other teens that see no problem in it.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Girls getting pregnant at 13 is not new. The world has not changed much at all-it's just that now you hear about it more
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

May 27, 2008, 07:12 AM
    I don't support it, but I know why some people do, they say that we were having kids at this age in the middle ages, why not now? The promblem is that was the middle ages when we were lucky to live to 40, now kids are literally screwing up there lives and the media is supporting it. Kids see it on TV, and they want to be like everyone else and they do it.
    But being a teenager I know the pressure kids can be under, added to the wacky hormones makes it all so hard to say "no".
    My own sister got pregnant when she was 16, and man she had to stod school, and her boyfriend moved in with us, it was caious. Not to mention the dieses you can get from sex, man it just not worth it!
    But of course kids are thinking "it won't happen to me?" and guess what it happenss to them, gosh it's annoying. I don't know why its gotten so out of hand, why do parents let there kids run free and do whatever they please? Are they assuming the teens know what's best? Because they don't, they want to have fun NOW.
    I am also firm against abortions. I hope one day kids stop having sex so they don't need to have abortion, like one day every kid in the world was wanted. But that's in a perfect world, but until it is that we can still voice our oppinions.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 27, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Of course people are against teen pregnancies.

What a silly question!

I'm ALSO against any kind of parenting, though, that leaves 13 year olds alone with the opposite sex long enough for something to happen. I'm against parenting that doesn't have enough of an idea who their kid is to know when they've started doing something (like have sex!) that the child feels they need to hide from their parents. I'm against the kind of society that actually PAYS these little girls to keep their babies.

I'm also against divorce for reasons other than abuse, since that teaches kids that relationships are easily dissolved just because you're unhappy. I'm against Disney movies because they teach young girls that the first guy they meet and have feelings for (which is usually the same guy!) will be the guy they have "happily ever after" with. I'm against nearly all of the factors that LEAD to teen pregnancies, in other words.

And yes, it happens that great parents still end up with a pregnant teen. I was one of those kids with great parents that did everything right and still ended up pregnant. But I think the vast majority of the times, it's the pressure of their peers combined with the LACK of any guidance from their parents that causes most teens to end up having sex in the first place.

May 27, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Synnen as FOR DISNEY MOVIES, one I love disney movies, two have you watched those moviesthey all have good morals, and it didn't give me any ideas about that and I am 13, you should rephrase that. Plus did you see little cinderella having sex, no! Man it doesn't teach that stuff, it's a movie! OK I feel like you are being a little over protective here, and come on this is lame.
    In my opinion.
    Ps anyone feel the way I do?
    Expert

May 27, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Okay... don't get me wrong. I like most Disney movies too.

BUT--they teach that the first guy you fall in love with is the one that you're going to marry, even if you ARE pretty young, like Ariel and Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. They teach that a MAN is what makes a woman's "happily-ever-after", not that she makes her OWN happily ever after.

And no, I didn't see little Cinderella having sex--but what exactly do you think they were off to do on their honeymoon? So--she's having sex with the first guy she ever met, that showed interest in her. So she waits until marriage to do it, that's where the good morals comes in? Well, what if she COULDN'T marry him, not for YEARS? Since they planned on getting married, wouldn't it be okay to have sex? I mean, after all, isn't that what people who love each other DO?

So a 13 year old in our society meets a guy who treats her like a princess, she falls for him, and they know they can't get married for at LEAST 5 more years. That's like--OMG!--almost half of the life the 13 year old has already lived! It's like, totally, a long long time. Like, forever! So, since they're going to get married ANYWAY, what difference does it make if the honeymoon is first? Besides, they both know that if and when they DO get married, if it doesn't work out, they can always get divorced. Heck, I'm a generation older, and most people MY age have that thought in the back of their brain when they're dating. Not that they'd necessarily ACT on that thought--but who doesn't know that, worst case scenario, they can just leave?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2008, 08:27 AM
    No, I don't think she is being lame at all, actually I think synn is right on and barbie ticks me off as well... bratz really gets under my skin.

Leaving 13 year olds alone. Good point.
    Divorces, good point.
    Great parents... peer pressure usually overides what mom and dad say. After all their old what do they know.
    Kids are trampled with sexual images on t.v. magazines, music videos and in stores that they shop in.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 27, 2008, 08:34 AM
    I won't bother taking this poll because its ridiculous. I don't think anyone is in favor of teenage pregnancies. I doubt if anyone (except a small minority) is in favor of pregnancies outside of marriage.

But I wholehertedly agree with synnen, that TV and movies (including Disney movies) are portraying male/female relationships as something that can be enjoyed at almost any age. The romanticism of being in love and being "with" someone of the opposite sex is hyped to an extreme. It makes some children (not all) want to have such a relationship. We recently had a 10 yr old posting that she wanted a boyfriend and asking how to get one.

How often do we get questions here about 12-14 yr olds wanting to date boys 16 and older? Most of that is because boys 12-14 are just becoming interested in girls so the girls are looking for boys interested in them. But 16 yr old boys are generally interested in 12-14 yr old girls for one thing. The result is often a 13 yr old pregnant girl.
    suitntie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 10:23 AM
    well teenage pregnancy was common a long time ago... and its still pretty common. I do not agree with it though because teenagers don't yet know what life is about. Especially at 13... thats just a sad age to be pregnant. Kids these days lack morals and values... not all but very many of them. Its almost as if there is going to be a repeat of the fall of the Roman Empire... why did it fall? Because the families within the society failed.

May 28, 2008, 04:59 PM
    OK I know I've been I pretty loud mouth on this subject, but I feel strongly. I'll admit that you guys have a point as far as movies go, though I think if parents are stable and they have a long talk about what a relationship is and how to keep it srtrong, and explain that love takes time and effort, if parents told there kids this talk, along with saying that sex is for marriage only, it would happen a lot less.
    Trust me, I am 13 years old and I know, I also know a lot of kids my age, and what our parents say really matters to us. I think a long talk with parents would outwhiegh TV and movie infullences. And if parnets had a strict "no dating policy" it would help a lot, I still stand firm that disney movies have good morals (in general) and for little girls, who are mostly oblivous to sex it won't matter.
    Ps enchanted is really good, cause she doesn't fall for the first guy she meets.)
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Sonador101 agrees: yeah but I think we should do something about it
    Yea good idea-now what?

Remove the instinct for sex? Stop puberty? Stop women and men liking each other?

The answer nine-times-out-of ten is EDUCATION and communication.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Sonador101 agrees: yes leaving kids alone one way ticket to BAD BAD BAD

Thanks for the greenie, but I was just basically agreeing with Synn and repeating the parts of her post that I agreed with...

May 29, 2008, 10:49 AM
    bushg
    OK whatever, I still agree with you, I like posting responses because hardly EVER does anyone respond on me.

May 29, 2008, 12:51 PM
    See--> this post isn't ridiculous! Someone here supports teenage pregnancies, and although he/she didn't write anything about it, maybe others believe the same thing. I think some people are just afraid to say they support that because of the responses he/she would get from "opposers" like me.

May 29, 2008, 12:59 PM
    WHAT? Someone supported it,OMG. What do you want to bet you THEY are pregnant and tennagers, but you'd think they learned there lesson. You know I honestly wish they had posted because then we could see why they think that, it would be interesring.
    And all you people who don't like disney movies watch "miracle on 34th street.

May 29, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonador101
    what do you want to bet you THEY are pregnant and tennagers, but you'd think they learned there lesson. you know i honestly wish they had posted because then we could see why they think that, it would be interesring.

I agree with you! :]
    My guess is that person either had a teenage pregnancy (like you said) or was close to someone who did.
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Actually you are all wrong. If a teen becomes pregnant would you people be so shallow to DUMP them-i.e. not support them?? That places you in a catergory of not very nice people-what if she was raped? What about if she was a victim of incest?-holy mackerel people wake up and understand that there is a lot of grey in the world-it is not all black and white. Support/not-support.

It is not a case of supporting versus not-supporting, it's a case of humanity and understanding.

Also teen = 13 to 19 years old. In some countries, the girl is "married" at 13 to some old bastard and pregnant, would you Support her?

as others have said, the poll is ridiculous. For the pregnant teen, the deed is done, she can't become un-pregnant just because YOU don't support her.

cheers!

May 29, 2008, 03:50 PM
    HEY, look don't get me wrong, my own sister was pregnant at 16, I KNOW. We didn't support her in the act she did, but we still loved her. And if in some countries its OK, what they heck, and I would still love the person if she was raped.
    'listen what I was talking about was kids intenntly having sex, and becoming pregnant, in the united states (since I am unfamilier with other contries) we're talking about kids having bfs and having sex when they are way too young! Duh!
    Like I said my sister was no saint and made a lot of mistakes, and she taght me what could happen, and because of her I now know not to do serioulsy. And I see the grey, and don't tell me you support teen pregnancies, in some countries yeah I suppose but in the united states they are not even adults yet/
    Expert

May 29, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Actually... I don't remember ever voting, and now I have the poll results.

It could have been someone like me, who doesn't support it, but clicked on the wrong part of the page to get it to pop up from behind another page. Or it could have been me for some dumb clicking problem or another. Like I said, I don't remember voting--so god only knows what I clicked on as a vote to get the poll results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1st/2nd world war [ 5 Answers ]

I know this may sound like a stupid question but did the UK's side win the 1st or/and the 2nd world war?

World War 2 ! [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering about Australians and the Kokoda Trail... Were the Aussies just pulled nin for back-up? And how did it start and end for them? :confused: This is for my history project!!

First World War Art [ 1 Answers ]

About 15 years ago I saw a painting in the British Times of a painting, which I think was painted around 1915, showing people on a carousel. As they progressed around the ride, their features became increasingly terrified, and it was presented as an allegory of European civilisation descending into...

Please someone help me It would mean the world truly. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am a soon to be 18 year old who will start my Senior year of High School. I have a friend who lives in Kentucky it's a she. We've known each other for two years talked to each other through phone,internet, and letters. We both love each other as friends an see each other as dating material...

World War 2 [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me 3 additional types of Japanese Kamikazes? Thanks:p

View more questions Search