Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phish2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Amount of profit from company selling food.
    A company makes two types of biscuits: Jumbo and Regular. The oven can cook at most 200 biscuits per day. Each jumbo biscuit requires 2 oz of flour, each regular biscuit requires 1 oz of flour, and there is 300 oz of flour available. The income from each jumbo biscuit is $0.05 and from each regular biscuit is $0.15. How many of each size biscuit should be made to maximize income? What is the maximum income? (Please anyone help me with this word problem)... Thanks Phish2008
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2008, 02:02 AM
    J 2oz – sell .05
    R 1oz - .15

Did you get the numbers wrong? You make more money per R biscuit….. and it takes LESS oz. of flour to use. So make 200 of the R biscuits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling small claims amount that was awarded [ 3 Answers ]

I won a small claims case and I am wondering is there some way to sell the amount to a third party because the person would take 3 years to pay the amount at the amount the judge allowed.

Which company would gain more profit? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new member here, glad being part of the great website and great people here. Please help me out with this accounting question. Im Stuck totally :( Question: If company A has mostly Fixed cost, and company B has mostly Variable cost. When sales volume increase, which company...

Which company would gain more profit? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new member here, glad being part of the great website and great people here. Help me out with this accounting question. Im Stuck totally :( Question: If company A has mostly Fixed cost, and company B has mostly Variable cost. When sales volume increase, which company would...

Amount of food [ 9 Answers ]

Good morning. I have a baby 6 months old, I want to start with solids but I do not know how much and what to give. I gave 1 banana in the morning. Is it too much? Nicole

Selling their gods as food? [ 7 Answers ]

Has anyone else here noticed that there are persons from India owners of grocery stores selling beef? Isn't that supposed to be against their religion? I have read that if you harm cattle in India you might provoke physical attack by the devotees. Any thoughts about this seeming paradox? ...

View more questions Search