Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

May 25, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Internet explorer error?
    I am not completely new to computers as I have been using them for about 15 years, but am having a problem I can't seem to fix myself. Every once in a while when we are on the internet we get a message pop up that says "Iexplorer caused an error in .... " and then something about it will now close and the only option you have it to let it shut down the internet. I had a virus scan downloaded and it found 4 viruses that were causing other things to not work, this deleted those things but didn't fix that. So earlier I did a complete factory restore thinking this would solve it and low and behold... IT Didn't!! Now what to do? I am completely baffaled.. help!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 25, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Do you have any kind of antivirus program like Norton AntiVirus running? If not, you should invest in a good antivirus program.

May 26, 2008, 09:38 AM
    I downloaded avast and it hasn't shown any viruses since I got rid of those other ones but I am still having the problem with the internet shutting down when that message pops up. I will have to write it down so I can post eactly what it is.
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

May 26, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Hello newlablover

Please download hijackthis
    And post a hijackthis log.

Thank you

May 27, 2008, 09:51 AM
    What is this and what will it do?
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

May 28, 2008, 10:18 AM
    If you had read the link in my answers
    HijackThis is a utility that produces a listing of certain settings found in your computer. HijackThis wills scan your registry and various other files for entries that are similar to what a Spyware or Hijacker program would leave behind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Explorer Script Error [ 15 Answers ]

My Computer reboots in Recovery desk Mode. When I click on active Desk top. I receive error message that reads: Internet Explorer Script Error : An error has occurred in the script on this page: Line 65 Char 1: Error Object doesn't support this action: Code 0: Url:...

Internet explorer error message [ 1 Answers ]

How can I repair this error message? Url:res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg

Internet explorer error [ 5 Answers ]

I am not completely new to computers as I have been using them for about 15 years, but am having a problem I can't seem to fix myself. Every once in a while when we are on the internet we get a message pop up that says "Iexplorer caused an error in .... " and then something about it will now close...

Internet Explorer Script Error [ 4 Answers ]

I am having a tough time printing from websites. I just purchased a Hewlett Packard laptop and it has got Windows Vista (I don't know if that really matters), but in any case, I keep getting the following error: An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 1854 Char: 1 Error: ...

View more questions Search