Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobertmurphy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2004, 01:03 PM
    Cabinet door swinging open
    Hi,

Just the other day, one of the doors on one of our kitchen cabinets spontaneously started swinging open. It had never done this before - we suspect something in the house settled. None of the other doors are doing this. Now, you can't close it - it just swings back open.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Bob
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2004, 07:30 PM
    Re: Cabinet door swinging open
    It could be the humidity as well as settling. Does it have a magnetic catch? You may need to adjust it to make better contact. The hinges may need readjusted too. Sometime to do that, you must plug a hole with a small piece of wood and drill a new hole next to it.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 2, 2004, 05:13 AM
    Re: Cabinet door swinging open
    Hi Bob, As usual Labman came up with a great solution to fix that crazy swinger.
    What still disturbs me is why it started swinging in the first place.
    Have you put a level on the door to see if the house if the house has really settled? Please keep us in the loop and let us know what you find out. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote doesn't open garage door. [ 11 Answers ]

Remote doesn't open garage door. If I press the button within the garage, it will open or close the door. The battery in the remote is new. The built in car opener doesn't work either. At one point, door would open with the remote for several days and then it wouldn't. This happened on two...

Garage Door open indicator [ 4 Answers ]

We have just moved into a new house with an attached garage. It’s been nice weather so we have been leaving the door open. However we have forgotten to close it when we go to bed at night. We live in a fairly safe neighborhood. We should just check to see if its closed each night but I thought...

Door Knob in center of front door [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a resource for replacement parts for my specialty front door. The knob is located in the center of the door with a bird theme metal plate surrounding the knob - door is 35 7/8 wide - I would like to replace the knob - the hardware still works fine, I just need a compatible knob....

Cooler with the door open? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small computer room with to AC units designed and installed to keep the PC equipment at operational temperature. One of these units is broken. Whilst it is under repair should I: leave the door open with a fan for circulation AND swich the AC off leave the door open with a fan...

View more questions Search