Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Slybone Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Recording Extraordinary losses
    Assume I suffered a $10 loss when my factory was destroyed in a flood. Assume floods are NOT common. We can assume tax is 3%

When reporting the loss on my income statement am I supposed to report the entire 10 dollars, or 7 dollars? (everything left over after taxes)?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 25, 2008, 12:10 AM
    The $7. Normally it'll have in parenthesis after it "net of tax benefit," or "net of $3 taxes," or "$10 net of $7 taxes." Point being that it's making a point that taxes have already been netted out of the original amount.

Because this is a below-line item, the taxes are separated out for each item from the taxes that are applicable to normal continuing operations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Capital losses [ 1 Answers ]

In 2007, a business sells a capital asset, which it had held for two years, at a loss of $15,000. How much of the capital loss may be deducted in 2007, and how much is carried back or forward under the following circumstances? a) The business was a sole proprietorship owned by Joe. Joe had a...

Pressure losses [ 12 Answers ]

How much pressure is lost when a fire hose is at the top of a long 100 meter ladder? If it comes out of the hose at 63 bar (at street level) how much pressure is lost by raising it 100 meters? I'm confused about a few things: in a sealed container the pressure is the same everywhere - up down...

View more questions Search