Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Slybone Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 06:15 PM
    Gross profit rate
    Attached is an image with the question and the table. I got 39% by dividing gross profit by gross sales. But does the Cash dividends declared have any affect on the final answer?

Given below (image) are comparative balance sheets and an income statement for Garnet Corporation.

All sales were made on account. Cash dividends declared during the year totaled $8,840.
    Refer to the above data. (Image) Garnet Corporation's gross profit rate for 2007 (rounded) is:
    Attached Images

CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2008, 01:54 AM
    The calculation is GM / Sales

Dividends you pay out have no barring on your Gross Margin.

So, 39.9% is the correct answer….GM / Sales
    Wilruth2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 05:12 PM
    Sales: $150,000
    COGS: 70,000
    Fixed expenses: 25,000
    Delivery: 5,000
    What is the Profitabilty rate
    Wilruth2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 05:12 PM
    Sales: $150,000
    COGS: 70,000
    Fixed expenses: 25,000
    Delivery: 5,000
    What is the Profitabilty rate
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 07:47 PM

Please start your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's. I just wasted my time reading the first post just to discover there's a whole new post having nothing to do with it.

Also go to the top of this forum and read the big read notice that contains our guidelines on posting homework problems.
    Wilruth2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 10:06 PM
    Morgaine300, First of all that was not my home work and secondly you are really taking this site to serious, you really need to get a life. Third of all who died and made you a police.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 11:10 PM

I just love it when newbies think they know better than the rest of us.

Most of the people around here do not like someone coming on and hijacking other threads for their own topics. The "police" around here will tell you the same thing.

I'm terribly sorry for assuming something posted in the homework forum might actually be homework.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gross Profit Method [ 1 Answers ]

Ernst Equipment Co. wants to prepare interim financial statements for the first quarter. The company Wishes to avoid making a physical count of inventory. Ernst’s gross profit rate averages 30%. The Following information for the first quarter is available from its records: January 1 beginning...

Gross Profit Method [ 1 Answers ]

The accountants for Ruiz Imports need to estimate the ending inventory balance so that they can prepare quarterly financial statements. The accountants have gathered the following information: Beginning inventory $96,950 Sales $138,500 Purchases $13,850 Gross profit ratio 40% Use the gross...

Gross profit [ 1 Answers ]

Is gross profit is equal to net sales minus operating expenses?

Gross profit method [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about this at all.:confused: Gross profit rate averages 30% Jan 1. beginning inventory 752,880 Cost of goods purchased 2,159,630 Sales 3,710,250 Sales returns ...

View more questions Search