Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 24, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Water leaking from AC in garage
    This has happened before, when the pipe gets clogged. What is the best way to clear it? Water is on the floor in the garage and not coming out of the drain outside the house as it should. Can I try simply flushing it back with a garden hose... I know this would make more of a mess in the garage. In the past we have tried some bleach in the outside drain and it has broken up the sludge somewhere in the pipe, which then came out of the pipe and it was cleared. I've tried that again, without any luck. Hoping for an easy fix!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 24, 2008, 04:08 PM
    A small hand snake. Post a picture and maybe we can offer a suggestion for prevention.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 24, 2008, 04:27 PM
    Don't have a pic, and not sure if it will help or not, but the outside pipe is about a 3/4 inch pvc pipe that is vertical next to the house... about 10 inches long before, I suppose, it bends.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 24, 2008, 07:34 PM
    The water from the AC isn't dirty.

What usually happens is mold clogs the pipe or dirt from the air hander clogs the pipe because the air filter isn't changed regularly.

You need to figure out why it clogs repeatedly and fix it for good. What can help is making sections removable or you can place cleanout plugs at change of directions to make cleaning easier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Leaking garage floor [ 3 Answers ]

My garage floor is leaking . It is 4 sections of concrete and where they come together, water is coming up there and I have some cracks in some of my garage, and water comes there also. Is there something I can repair all of this or do I need to get a professional?

Garage Ceiling Leaking [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know anything about plumbing. When I am starting shower on upper floor toilet then water start leaking on the garage ceiling. Where to start checking and how to start checking. Any help is very much appreciated.

Cracked concrete garage floor leaking [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best way to repair a cracked concrete garage floor that keeps leaking? We have already tried caulking it and it has still leaked. What is the best product? Epoxy or some other and should we make the crack bigger before we caulk. Help!!

Sewer cleanout in garage is leaking [ 1 Answers ]

In the floor of my garage there is depression with a hole to the sewer. It has a rubber stopper which is leaking black smelly water. There was also evidence of blackish water backed up in the shower some time in the last month on the same level as the garage. That shower is rarley used. Is this...

View more questions Search