Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Breckinridge Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 01:57 PM
    How to remove paint stripper residue spots from vinyl siding
    I tried to strip the paint from my patio railing than is next to my vinyl siding. Of course, it didn't work and now I have spots of paint stripper on my vinyl siding. It was an environmentally safe product with no harsh chemicals. But, I want to get rid of the spots. Anyone got any ideas?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 24, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Why didn't it work? Did you let it set too long? Did you scrape it off instead of wipe? The best way to get the rest of that residue off is to sand down to the natural wood.
    1lastkissb4ugo Posts: 30, Reputation: -1

May 24, 2008, 02:15 PM
    How I somethmes find answers like that is I ask workers at Wal-Mart or go online to search websites and find out how. When I read your question I wanted to give you this advice even though I had no experence with that type of problem. Anyway I hope you get your problem fixed! Good Luck!!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 24, 2008, 02:24 PM
    I'm sorry but I've found workers at wal-mart don't have much knowledge of the departments they work in.

I would suggest asking someone that works at Home Depot. They always seem very very knowledgeable, and can direct you to the item that you need.
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

May 24, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Did the paint stripper actually discolor the siding or what ?

May 25, 2008, 06:00 AM
    It has clear, greasy-like splotches next to wear the railing is on the siding. I think that we are going to go a different route and not worry about it coming off the railing. I think that we are going to take the railing down completely now (since my idea of stripping the paint didn't work). I spent $30 on one container of paint stripper that didn't work. I don't want to have to spend anymore on a project that might not work again. So, I am just concerned with getting the spots off the vinyl siding. Any more ideas would be helpful. Thanks everyone.

May 25, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Try cleaning with a mild bleach solution like 1 part bleach 10 parts water . Of course test the mix in an inconspicous area just in case. GOOD LUCK, AC

May 25, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Hey, everyone, thanks for the ideas. I ended up trying some Spray Power cleaner on the areas that were splotched. GREAT STUFF!! It worked like a charm.

May 25, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Good job glad it worked ! AC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vinyl siding vs hardiplank [ 7 Answers ]

What are the pros and cons of vinyl siding vs hardiplank? Thank you,

How to paint vinyl siding [ 4 Answers ]

I can not find a certain color for vinyl siding and have explored the alternatives to vinyl. Is there a paint and or process to paint vinyl for a long lasting finish?

Mold on vinyl siding [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have recently put new vinyl siding on our house.We have been noticing through driving around our community that a fair amount of homes with vinyl siding has a green and black color mold growing on it.Does anyone have any idea what causes this and how to prevent it from growing on...

Hole in vinyl siding [ 1 Answers ]

There is a jagged hole, about 2 inches in diameter in a piece of vinyl siding on the front of the house. It was the result of a rock being propelled by a lawnmower. Is there any way to patch the hole? There was no extra siding left behind by the previous owners. The house is approx 16 years...

Paint and rust off vinyl siding [ 1 Answers ]

My sister was painting out foundation the same color as our shutters but got some on our vinyl siding so I was wondering if there is anything that would take it off... also there is a rust stain on the vinyl siding is there any way of getting that off to...

View more questions Search