Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

May 23, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Internet explorer error
    I am not completely new to computers as I have been using them for about 15 years, but am having a problem I can't seem to fix myself. Every once in a while when we are on the internet we get a message pop up that says "Iexplorer caused an error in .... " and then something about it will now close and the only option you have it to let it shut down the internet. I had a virus scan downloaded and it found 4 viruses that were causing other things to not work, this deleted those things but didn't fix that. So earlier I did a complete factory restore thinking this would solve it and low and behold... IT Didn't!! Now what to do? I am completely baffaled.. help!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2008, 09:40 PM
    How did you do the system restore? Do you have all the MS updates?

Try ccleaner, it's a free registry cleaner/optimaizer, this may help and can't hurt
    CCleaner - Home
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

May 25, 2008, 07:12 AM
    If you still have error after running ccleaner post the error here https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/spyware-viruses-etc/
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

May 25, 2008, 08:16 AM
    I went to that link and it wants money for it and I don't have a credit card...
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Ccleaner is free, hit the download ccleaner link now button
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

May 26, 2008, 11:30 AM
    CCleaner - Download the download page says.
    Although this software is free please donate to help support the software and site costs.

Here is the direct link to cc cleaner Download CCleaner 2.07.575 - FileHippo.com

Here are some other clean up tools

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer script error [ 7 Answers ]

I have the following error which prevents me from printing an e-mail or webpage: "An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 14 Char: 1 Error: Library not registered Code: 0 URL: res:/ieframe.dll/preview.dlg

Internet Explorer Script Error [ 4 Answers ]

I am having a tough time printing from websites. I just purchased a Hewlett Packard laptop and it has got Windows Vista (I don't know if that really matters), but in any case, I keep getting the following error: An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 1854 Char: 1 Error: ...

Error Message Internet Explorer [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting this error message occasionally on different web sites: The instruction “at 0x74986b37” referenced memory at “0x00000024”. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program. I have not figured out why it occurs on some sites, and could not find an answer on MSN...

Internet explorer script error [ 2 Answers ]

How to get rid of the error? It always appear on my screen every time I view something? Do I need to upgrade something? Anybody help please. Sorry wrong category again.

View more questions Search