Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevco Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Lights dim on ceiling fan
    I have a remote on my ceiling fan. Until last night it worked fine. It cuts the lites on and off. I noticed this morning that the lites come on , but are dim. The fan works fine. What could be the problem?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2008, 02:01 PM
    Maybe the remote has a built-in dimmer function. You might press and hold the light button and see if the lights brighten up. Release when they are fully bright.

Just a guess, but it might help!
    WallyH
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 23, 2008, 05:48 PM
    This one always kills me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan lights too dim [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Antigua fan with an add-on light kit (4 bulbs). I also purchased the wall mounted remote control. It worked fine up until a few weeks ago. Now, all four bulbs are extremely dim. I've tried higher wattage bulbs but there just doesn't seem to be enough power to light them...

Ceiling fan lights [ 2 Answers ]

I Have A Ceiling Fan And Light Smc Model Mj52v I Broke The Cover Its Frosted Glass 91/4 Wide

Ceiling fan lights [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan that is hooked up through a dimmer switch. The fan blades seem to operate as expected. However, the lights over the last few months have faded to the point where they are very dimly lit even though the dimmer switch is turned to the 100% on position. In this...

Four ceiling fan lights [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Big dummy here. I took the light fixture down to tighten up the four light fixtures attached thereon and didn't write down the way it was wired up before I unwired it. :o So. Here I sit with four groups of wires, one black and one white for each light, on the lower half and hanging from...

Ceiling fan and lights go off and on [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 20 AMP circuits to my bathroom running off same circuit breaker. One circuit powers a ground fault receptacle and vanity lights. Other circuit powers ceiling fan, ceiling fan light, a ground fault receptacle and shower light. This circuit goes on and off but GF or breaker do not kick off....

View more questions Search