Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WKMAHESH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2006, 11:35 AM
    How to get words of figures in Excel
    In Excel, I want to put any value of figure in word. e.g. as in cheque there is figure in numeric as well as in word i.e. "Rs 45010/-" where is Rs is currency symbole in India this is in word will be "Rupees fourtyfive thousand ten ". I want convert the numeric figure in word in other cell .[/
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2006, 11:39 AM
    I'm not entirely sure about what you want to accomplish but you can play with the cell formatting (or format and entire row/column by selecting it) and selecting Format > Cells. Make sure the Number tab is selected and look for the format that works best for you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 28, 2006, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WKMAHESH
    In Excell, I want to put any value of figure in word. e.g. as in cheque there is figure in numeric as well as in word ie "Rs 45010/-" where is Rs is currency symbole in India this is in word will be "Rupees fourtyfive thousand ten ". I want convert the numeric figure in word in other cell .
    There is no built in function to do this. You need do this in VBA by creating a function.

The following article shows code to do it. You may need to modify it for your own usage.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360/en-us

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In 5 Words or less: What are you? [ 145 Answers ]

I'm just curious. I know a few of you but not many. I'm not looking for debate or comment, just wondering... Me: Ecumenical Evangelical Roman Catholic Christian

The spelling of words [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. Here is something that has been on my mind these last few days. I was hoping someone who knew this could be of assistance. In Canada/UK, we spell it colour. The Americans spell it color. In Canada, we spell it centre. The Americans spell it center. In Canada, we spell it...

Words in the Bible [ 4 Answers ]

There are roughly 177,00 words in the King James Version of the Bible. Of these words 12,000 of them differ from each other.. Given that, according to linguists, a normally educated person uses a vocabulary that has about 5,000 words and a well-educated person knows about 10,000 words, it could...

Misused words [ 9 Answers ]

When is it appropriate to correct someone who uses words incorrectly, or not words at all, like regardless? For example, what if someone says, "Wow, it's so random to see you here" at a bar that you both often go to in your neighborhood. That's not what random means. Or should I sit idly by...

View more questions Search