Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pumpkinjojo Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Will sexually transmitted disease affect on having kids?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Yes, some STDs can render you sterile and some can pass on to your unborn child.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 08:19 AM
    I have moved your question to a thread of its own. It's not a good idea to piggyback a question as it causes confusion to the original poster and your question may go unanswered.

Now, in answer to your question. Some STDs can cause sterility, while others can hurt the developing fetus, yet others can hurt the baby during the delivery.

To give you a better answer I would need some clarification on your question. Is there one STD you are particularly concerned about?

May 23, 2008, 08:27 AM
    My boyfriend has genetial warts
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Then you can get genital warts. Condoms do not protect against this.

Women carry babies to term with this disease, however it is suggested that the women have C-Section deliveries rather than vaginal deliveries.

May 23, 2008, 08:53 AM
    HMM am I at risk? Should I stay with him or what? I love him very much. He respects and does everything, he's a man I ever want in him.

I have been with him 4 months. Have regular pap smeras and blood tests, comes back normal. He always washes his hands to make sure I don't get it, or lessen it. He actually has genital warts in his anus, before we were together he had on his penis that was about 2 yearas ago
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 09:03 AM
    I can't tell you whether you should stay with him. That is a decision you will have to make.

However, I can tell you that washing his hands won't make a difference. The virus is not on his hands, it is on his genitals.

Does he take medication for it? If not, I suggest he sees his doctor for a prescription of Valtrex. Valtrex will not stop the virus from spreading though, but will lessen the outbreaks.

Regardless you are at risk of contracting this virus. There is no known cure and there is no way to know whether you will or will not get it.

May 23, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Will he ever get rid of it? He had it for 2 n half years from an old girlfriend. He's been upset since then..
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 09:07 AM
    No, he will never get rid of it. There is no known cure for HPV. It is also known to increase your risk for cervical cancer.

May 23, 2008, 09:45 AM
    What's the options of getting rid of it? There must be some ways!
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Hun, as I stated, there is no way to get rid of it. There is no known cure.

May 23, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Not even treatment? It makes me feel this way is of risking my life with him?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 09:49 AM
    No, it is not life threatening in and to itself, but as stated, there is no way to prvent its spread, condoms do not help, there is not way to be cured of it.

And they are likely to spread, you can find them in or on many parts of the body.

May 23, 2008, 09:52 AM
    Hmm. I don't know what I should do. Because if we not together and I catch it. I give it onto somebody else? I will get the blame

May 23, 2008, 09:58 AM
    I had some sort of heavy bleeding and large clots... before that I didn't have my periods for 3 months. I went to the dr they did 3 blood tests along the way and they came back as 'equalvocal' wasn't sure if I was pregnant or not. When I had the bleeding/clots. They booked me for an ultrasound thinking that I had a miscarriage. But on the ultrasound was nothing. I didn't have to do anything about it afterwards? I'm confused? That was late decemeber 2007. This was before I was with my boyfriend who has STD
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2008, 10:07 AM
    The virus HPV will always be there. The occurrence of the warts, however, may never come back. You can only contract the virus if there is an outbreak. HPV can be hidden for 2 years before you can get a positive test for it. HPV is the number one cause of Cervical cancer. This might affect your ability to carry a child full term. You can never get rid of the virus UNFORTUNATELY... but you can definitely control the outbreaks with meds.

May 23, 2008, 11:24 AM
    You can definitely control the outbreaks with meds...

Which meds?

And what about this one... #15
    pumpkinjojo

I had some sort of heavy bleeding and large clots... before that I didn't have my periods for 3 months. I went to the dr they did 3 blood tests along the way and they came back as 'equalvocal' wasn't sure if I was pregnant or not. When I had the bleeding/clots. They booked me for an ultrasound thinking that I had a miscarriage. But on the ultrasound was nothing. I didn't have to do anything about it afterwards? I'm confused?
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 11:30 AM
    Valtrex is the med of choice for HPV. However, it does not necessarily prevent the spread of the virus. You should not engage in intercourse while he has an outbreak.

The other one will be answered on that thread.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Valtrex is the med of choice for HPV. However, it does not necessarily prevent the spread of the virus. You should not engage in intercourse while he has an outbreak.

The other one will be answered on that thread.
    I believe she said it was genital warts. There are some medicated lotions that can be applied.

May 23, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Okay... if he takes valtrex is it everyday use? What does valtrex do and how long for? What do we do when he has an outbreak? Can u do it easier words so ican understand better than frustrating u

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you get stds from. [ 6 Answers ]

Can you get stds if the other person doesn't have it and can u get it from givng head with out a condom

Puppet kids show on discovery kids [ 3 Answers ]

This show came on discovery kids in the morning in the 90's it was kind of weird a women And kids say they want to get silly something and they would take a spoon and eat Something out of puppet flowers mouths, the puppets would open there mouths and other silly stuff was like this on the...

Hpv and Stds [ 3 Answers ]

I was dianosed with HPV almost a year ago. I have genital warts... about 5 small warts around the outside of my vagina and my upper, upper thighs. I currently treat them with Aldera but am still waiting for results. THe other day I noticed 2 new bumps, one on either side of my labia, that seem...

Pap smars and stds [ 2 Answers ]

Can gential warts show on a pap test ?:confused: And what can be sighns or symptons on gentail warts?:confused: And what do they feel like?:confused:

Pap smear/pelvic exams- stds? [ 2 Answers ]

I wasent sure where to ask this but I was wondering if paps and pelvic exams can tell if you have warts or herpes? I have had one done recently and was told that everything was OK but I'm kind of worried recently that past couple of days I have had a few pimples down there and I wasent sure if this...

View more questions Search