Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tgaw53 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 05:47 AM
    Painting Quote
    When bidding an interior paint job by the square foot how do I consider the height of the room? In other words, a 10 X 10 room with 8 ft. ceilings is different than a 10 X 10 room with 10 ft. ceilings. Also, how do I figure in the windows and trim?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 24, 2008, 01:50 AM
    If the floor area is 10' x 10' feet, that would also most likely be the area of the ceiling, so then that would be 100 sq. ft.

For a wall area, you measure the distance from the floor to the ceiling on one wall for the height and then horizontally for the length of the wall. If the floor area is 10' x 10' and you have an 8' high ceiling, that means that one wall is going to measure to be 80 sq. ft.

Concerning windows, I measure the area of them and then subtract that from the total area of the wall(s). Any trim that I paint, such as on windows or elsewhere, I measure and charge by the linear foot at a higher price because most likely I will be brushing the paint on them.

Prices for painting can vary greatly, depending on whether someone is brushing, rolling or spraying.

Is painting something that you are wanting to make a living doing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone know this quote? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard a quote the other day that I liked and now I forgot it and where I heard it. It goes something like this There's the truth... (something like opinions or lies), and (something to do with opinion census being worse than lies?) I'm sorry but I have very little info on it. There's 3...

Quote this job. [ 9 Answers ]

I had a local electrician come in a do some work for me that entailed the following. Install two overhead lights to existing lightswitch. Crawl space above ceiling readibly accessible. This was probably the most difficult thing I asked them to do. Wired to existing wiring. Install two...

A quote from my mom [ 22 Answers ]

My mom always says... "For some women any guy is better then no guy at all." After reading some of the posts in the relationship section I thought that this might be a good discussion starter. What does everyone think? Is my mom right?:cool:

Looking for a quote [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a quote that says the same thing as, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Thanks.

View more questions Search