Ask
    mistisona Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 04:01 AM
    ORA 01034 :tns error oracle not available
    At the time of login using scott/tiger I'm getting this error
    Sm1 help me out :(
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

May 23, 2008, 05:47 AM
    If you have just installed Oracle, you will need to start the instance. Is this Windows or UNIX?

Start the instance by :

1. Set your SID
    2. Login : sqlplus /nolog
    3. connect /as sysdba
    4. startup

Try to login again.
    mistisona Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 03:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBaAd
    If you have just installed Oracle, you will need to start the instance. Is this Windows or UNIX?

Start the instance by :

1. Set your SID
    2. Login : sqlplus /nolog
    3. connect /as sysdba
    4. startup

Try to login again.
    Explain in detail ,and I'm using windows xp

May 31, 2008, 01:18 PM
    When you install Oracle it installs a schema named Scott and the password is Tiger.

However after you install Oracle on windows, the service needs to be started otherwise the service is not active and you cannot access Oracle, therefore the 01034. Go to your services window on your server (workstation) and lookup any service starting with Oracle. There you will find several. Start all the ones that begin with Oracle.

Try this instead of the manual provisions I gave earlier. This is in case you wanted to use a DOS window.

Report back.
    y2kinfosystems Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2008, 04:00 AM
    Please help

Installed oracle 8i on windows2003 server, got the message ORA-01034: ORACLE not available" Error

Jul 7, 2008, 09:26 AM
    The instance may be started, but you have not started the database. Go into SQLPLUS and start the database. If you are not sure how to do this, it would be best to review the installation documentation stepXstep.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oracle Error 12560:tns Protocol Adapter Error [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Whenever I try to log in using SCOTT/TIGER userid, I get the error "ORA ERROR 12560:TNS PROTOCOL ADAPTER ERROR". I tried starting the listener from administration-> services, but still the problem persists. Can you please suggest a solution?

Error in oracle 10g [ 3 Answers ]

HELLO I AM SRIRAM I AM FROM CHENNAI INDIA After installing oracle 10g and while running forms I am getting error message 12560 tns protocol adapter error Can somebody tell me how to resolve the problem

Oracle 11g [ 3 Answers ]

What are some of the features for this database and is it used for companies with 50 or more people? What is a good website that I can find this information?

Installation - Oracle 10 / SqlPlusW TNS PROTOCOL ERROR [ 1 Answers ]

My Oracle 10 installation worked well enough to get a SQL prompt and make some tables. I tried some utilities like Quest Toad. Then, I couldn't get into SQLPlusW, or at least the login info didn't work. After many attempts at reinstalling from CD and from CD files copied to my hard disk, then...

View more questions Search