vyki Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Feb 28, 2006, 06:35 AM
    Birds
    What do birds never do on the ground?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2006, 07:24 AM
    Hi,
    If you notice while a bird is on the ground, like Robins in the Spring, they are constantly watching all around them. They are more in danger on the ground. Using the bathroom is not very comfortable when you are constantly afraid.
    So, on telephone pole lines, in trees, they are more comfortable, not watching so much for danger to their lives.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2006, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vyki
    What do birds never do on the ground?
    Most birds never build a nest on the ground. Predators could easily get to their eggs and chicks. There are some exceptions, such as with some sea birds, but building in places high off the ground is usual for most birds. Most birds also don't sleep on the ground, but again, there are exceptions.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2006, 07:12 AM
    Hi,
    When you said "do" on the ground, I though you meant poop on the ground. I might have misunderstood your question. Sorry about that.
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2006, 10:49 AM
    Oh haha Fred yeah I was wondering what your answer was all about... that explains it. Actually though, birds DO poop on the ground, quite a lot in fact! Elimination is more or less involuntary for birds, so they do it whenever and wherever.
    mrs.pennell Posts: 132, Reputation: 21

Mar 1, 2006, 03:14 PM
    Haha... I thought this was a riddle... like "What do birds never do on the ground?" why, FLY of course! Isn't it funny how we can all read the same thing and interpret it differently. Makes you wonder how many things in this world happen because of misunderstandings! I wax philosophical now...
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2006, 03:45 PM
    YES that's a good answer! I thought it was a riddle too, but I never thought of flying. :)
    vyki Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Mar 2, 2006, 05:14 AM
    Yeah fly was my original answer too bcos I also thought it was a riddle...
    But it was a serious question and the answer is sing I found out this morning...
    Thanks for your responses x
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2006, 09:30 AM
    Yes of course! They don't sing on the ground. Wish I would have thought of that. Well, at least you got a lot of responses. It was an interesting question! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Birds and animals [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know if it's safe to paint around birds. (wall and ceiling painting.

Birds [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is the right category but here goes. I had a bird in my basement yesterday. Does anyone have any ideas hw it might have gotten in there? I was wondering if birds will crawl through holes and how big of a hole? Thanks

Birds moved in [ 6 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. I have a micro-hood over my range which vents outside. I've discovered some birds have moved in through that vent opening and have built a nest right where the venting starts at the microwave. At least that's where the sounds are coming from. What can I do? Thanks.

Birds on Wires [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please explain how birds can sit on electrical wires without being harmed? My 7 year old son asked me this and I cannot answer him!

View more questions Search