Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmccafferty Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 11:22 PM
    How to prevent PowerPoint slide show viewers from editing the show
    I have a powerpoint presentation with custom animation (pictures fading in automatically and music playing in the background) that I want to sent to people as a Slide Show to view but NOT allow them to change. There are no settings in PowerPoint to protect against edits and Microsoft's web site confirms this.

How can I send it with the animation and music but prevent editing? PDF does not work because all animation and music is lost. The same seems to be true in a MOV file, although I am not knowledgeable about MOV files.

Do I have any options?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 23, 2008, 10:59 AM
    You can password protect your presentation before giving it away.

1) Click TOOLS > OPTIONS > SECURITY
    2) Enter a password under "Password to modify"
    3) Save your document.

Anyone who opens the document will be given the option to open/read, open/edit but they won't know the password so they will only be able to open/read.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a TV show/don't know the name [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new hee and was hoping you could help. My husband is trying to remember the name of a TV show that he watched sometime in the early 1980's. It took place in Africa, and he ram a refuge for animals and he had a lion. That's all he can rember. Thanks :)

How # of viewers determined? [ 1 Answers ]

How is show popularity and number of viewers determined? I never hear of anybody being phone-surveyed.:confused: Thanks, Scottgem--yes the Neilson ratings. But how are they compiled? Who gets surveyed?

Flash slide Show [ 2 Answers ]

The weather channel has a desk top version that can be downloaded from weatherchannel.com. In the upper right hand corner is a flash slide show called "Just for Fun." I would like to know how to make one like it because it has the controls I need and I really like the way it looks. I would...

View more questions Search