Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmccafferty Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 11:15 PM
    Remove PowerPoint sound megaphone display
    I have a powerpoint presentation with music running in the background. In custom animation there is a setting to tell PowerPoint not to show the little megaphone when sound is not playing. I cannot make this icon disappear on all of the pages. (Many of the music files play for a number of slides, using the setting that tells how many slides to run the music file.)

I cannot figure out any consistent pattern for when this icon appears in the middle of a slide. Sometimes in is on the slides where the music file begins, sometimes it is not. Sometimes it is oon the continuation slides, sometimes it is not. I should add that, to eliminate abrupt endings to the music files, we continue a music animation one extra slide so that it overlaps the new music file beginning on that slide. That is, if we have a music animation to be played on slides 1 - 10, then another music animation to play on slides 11 - 20, the first music animation is set to run for 11 slides, not 10, even though the new music animation begins on slide 11. This makes for a pretty good segue of the music. My issue with the megaphone icon does NOT seem to be related to this overlap of music files, but I thought I should mention it.

You just cannot have that stupid megaphone sitting there on a high-end presentation. Anyone know how to make it completely go away and never, ever show up in the slide show?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 22, 2008, 11:58 PM
    When you insert a sound object, and you're sure it's going to stay, a little trick I would recommend is manually moving the icon off the edge of the page so it no longer sits ON slide, but is off to the left.
    rmccafferty Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 01:11 AM
    Well, your great answer sure makes me feel stupid for not thinking of it myself. Thank you very much.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 23, 2008, 08:33 AM
    It's only good if it doesn't create other problems in the future.

Make a note in the slide notes about the sound icon being off to the side.

Also, your mileage may vary on sound clips you start manually, but I believe automatic ones will work just fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to get powerpoint software from? [ 5 Answers ]

What is zip software.. where do I get it from?I want to also install power point as my operating system is HOME BASIC VISTA and it isn't included.please help.. I need to make a presentation

Powerpoint.ppt [ 6 Answers ]

What are the different types of diagrams you can have on a slide using powerpoint?

Powerpoint from laptop to DVD [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Powerpoint presentation on an old Compaq laptop. I tried to burn it to a cd using Roxio but get an error message about the cd drive is read- only. Is it possible that the cd drive on this old laptop only plays cds? Also, the ultimate and most imortant goal is that I want to have...

Powerpoint to video [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there! I wonder if there is the best way to convert Powerpoint presentation files to video. I was told that Presentation to Video Converter 1.2 http://www.geovid.com/Presentation_to_Video_Converter/ Gives a very good quality. Any suggestions appreciated Cheers!

Powerpoint [ 3 Answers ]

I know how to insert a CD track into a powerpoint but can only get it to play on my computer while the CD is in my computer. Is there any way to save the file and send the powerpoint with the music?

View more questions Search