Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanleemcc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Judgement against me is invalid
    Hi I recently went to purchase a car. They pulled up my credit report and said I had a very large judgement against a while back. How can I find Judgements against me and who it is from. How do I clear it? I live in Pittsburgh, PA
    Loan_Guy Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

May 26, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Pull copies of your credit reports from either www.annualcreditreport.com or through the three bureaus directly (Trans Union, Experian or Equifax).

Look in the "Public Records" section for the judgement. If it is there, contact the court it was through and find out what it was supposedly for.

It is possible that you were a victim of a mixed file at the auto dealership. Since the bureaus do not use exact match criteria (only 7 of 9 digits in your social security number, two letters of first name and ZERO of last name), it's possible you have someone else's info.

If so, contact the bureaus to dispute it.

LG

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Texas - CC Judgement Can They Put Judgement Against Husband's Property only his name [ 1 Answers ]

Have been sent a summons and contacted attorney. While discussing lump sum settlement they hung up and said they would see me in court. I have tried to call back with no response. Can the judgement in court be put against property that is only in my husbands name?

Invalid e:drive [ 4 Answers ]

I have been trying to download Windows Defender but I can't because I get invalid Drive e:\ message. I am not very computer literate so am not really sure about what to do. I thought I could Map Network Drive but I don't know which Folder to select. Also a colleague tried to install software for a...

VDD in registry is invalid [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot open certain older programs and I get this message. Running Windows XP. How do I repair this?

Invalid drive [ 1 Answers ]

I have compaq p1,booable from FDD.I formatted it dos mood by command format c:/s.Now it boots,but when I insert win98 cd it does not know cd and sys invalid drive. I tried all drive letter.

View more questions Search