Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

May 22, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Correct measurement for replacement window
    I am replacing a large front window opening with vinyl windows from Lowe's. It will actually be 3 double hung windows that will come as one unit from Pella. The actual measurement right now is 66 1/4' tall X 94 1/2" wide. What size window unit should I order? I assume I will need some space on all sides for insulation and squaring it up if necessary. Any advice is appreciated. BTW, I have installed 12 other new vinyl windows in my home so far, so I'm somewhat familiar with the process. Just didn't want you to think I was taking this big one on as my first project..

Thanks,
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

May 26, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdb1
    I am replacing a large front window opening with vinyl windows from Lowe's. It will actually be 3 double hung windows that will come as one unit from Pella. The actual measurement right now is 66 1/4' tall X 94 1/2" wide. What size window unit should I order? I assume I will need some space on all sides for insulation and squaring it up if necessary. Any advice is appreciated. BTW, I have installed 12 other new vinyl windows in my home so far, so I'm somewhat familiar with the process. Just didn't want you to think I was taking this big one on as my first project..

Thanks,
    Up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement Window Cost [ 27 Answers ]

My wife and I are considering replacement windows for our house. I'm not interested in having every window company in the city calling us with their best deal, but I really want to know what I'm looking at from a cost perspective. We have 16 windows in the house, most are about 35 inches wide...

Matching up the correct capacitor with the correct condenser fan motor? [ 4 Answers ]

How crucial is it to match the right capacitor to the right condenser fan motor? If you have the wrong capacitor, can this cause the motor to stop after running for a while, say 20 or 40 minutes? It would start up again, but would allways stop. The specs for the motor are: Emerson E-line, model no...

Replacement window [ 2 Answers ]

I want to change out an replacement window installed 10 years ago. What's procedure to follow,to get new window with correct measurements????? Thanks :)

Window measurement [ 3 Answers ]

I want to install double hung windows in my home. I'm buying the windows from home depot. Question #1, when measuring windows do I give exact measuring example one windows measure w-29 3/8 - h-61 1/4 . Question #2 I live northeast what type of insulation I install in the inside of the windows. ...

Correct Capasitor values for replacement [ 1 Answers ]

My original 4 wire capacitor cooked itself at the blue wire site. The three values it has are red: 4uf,white: 4.5uf, and yellow:5uf. I can't find an exact replacement but the closest is one with 4.5, 5 and 5uf. Will this work in its place? Also, should I replace the switch as well as I don't...

View more questions Search