Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Bush lied - again
    Hello:

Well, it appears that the dufus in chief was lying about widespread torture and abuse of the prisoners in our custody. Whoda thunk that?

And, who are the lilly livered left wing punks who disclosed THIS atrocity?? Noooo, it wasn't the NY Slimes... Why, it was the lilly livered punks at the FBI.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/22/op...html?th&emc=th

I think Bush, Rummy, Yoo, Gonzales, and a couple others should spend some slam time. I actually think war crimes are prettttttty bad. Even, perhaps, worse than anything I could have conceived of doing.

excon

PS> (edited) OMG. I forgot Darth Vader himself...
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

May 22, 2008, 12:49 PM
    You are doing the right thing by bringing this type of activity to our attention. It sickens me to think of what will happen IF one of these men makes it out and decides retribution is in order. We are suffering everyday from the inadequacy of a president that stole the election in the first place. He is such a dishonest, evil, man that deserves to be treated the same. There is a very special place in hell for people like him and he will be there most likely sooner than later.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 12:50 PM
    I wonder if John McBush will speak out against this torture? Probably not, he has flipped flopped on *almost all* positions he had in the past.

I have a feeling the Democratic nominee will ask McBush about it, though. :D
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

May 22, 2008, 12:53 PM
    They are taking the position that terrorists never signed the Geneva Convention. Article 4 defines POW as:
    * "Members of the armed forces"
    * "militias...including those of organized resistance movements...having a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance...conducting their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war"
    * "Persons who accompany the armed forces"
    * "Members of crews...of the merchant marine and the crews of civil aircraft"
    * "Inhabitants of a non-occupied territory, who on the approach of the enemy spontaneously take up arms to resist the invading forces, without having had time to form themselves into regular armed units, provided they carry arms openly and respect the laws and customs of war."

Our guys argue terrorists don't fit into any of those categories and therefore do not fall under the Convention. This essentially means we are not bound by rules with regard to our treatment of them. They feel especially justified in this when the terrorists decapitate folks on TV indicating their own feelings for the Geneva statutes.

I don't think it is justified to do it indiscriminately, but sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. So, I'd like to see all decapitators get the full treatment, but at the same time regular enemy footsoldiers treated like we would want our troops to be treated. Unfortunately, this is a hard position to implement.
    squeaks77 Posts: 113, Reputation: 19
    -

May 22, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Does Bushy even know how to tell the truth? Or does he even know the truth (meaning does he really understand what's going on around him or does daddy pull the strings)? I'm scared to know all the lies he's told!!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 04:11 PM
    I do not have all the details yet but on appearance it looks to me to be an intra-agency turf war. The FBI had begun some interrogations and got p-oed when the CIA took over . Then ;being uncomfortable with techniques that did not include wiping butts to gain their trust ,(I kid you not :“even to the point of cleaning him up after bowel movements.”) ,they began to document questionable techniques at GITMO . I do not know how much of this is eye witness or second hand from detainees . I'm sure more information will be revealed as the OIG report gets read .
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    OMG. I forgot Darth Vader himself....
    How could you forget Darkside D!ck and Chief Minion Dave (Addington)? The Dufus in Chief is just an embarrassment, but these guys are genuinely scary. If anybody in this administration gets prosecuted for war crimes, I hope it's them.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 05:59 PM
    The Military Commissions Act!! Bush and Gonzo's darkest hour! What a mess they have now!

Guantanamo defenders should hang their heads - Opinion - smh.com.au

US lawyer barred for Guantanamo bias - World - smh.com.au

Politics of Guantanamo exposed - World - smh.com.au

Only the sexy cases make Guantanamo - World - smh.com.au

Send them all to gaol (sorry jail). You can take our former PM, Attorney General, and Foreign Minister with them.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    I do not have all the details yet but on appearance it looks to me to be an intra-agency turf war. The FBI had begun some interrogations and got p-oed when the CIA took over . Then ;being uncomfortable with techniques that did not include wiping butts to gain their trust ,(I kid you not :“even to the point of cleaning him up after bowel movements.”) ,they began to document questionable techniques at GITMO . I do not know how much of this is eye witness or second hand from detainees . I'm sure more information will be revealed as the OIG report gets read .
    Wait a minute, I'm confused here. Who has to wipe G W's butt? The FBI or the CIA?
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

May 23, 2008, 04:21 PM
    I feel sorry for some of you, so bitter you know. How many times were the Fla votes recounted? Same results every time. You lost. Live with it.
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2008, 04:31 PM
    I feel so sorry for some of you. No sense of humor. Who cares how many times the votes were recounted? We still got the Dufus in Chief and now we need a good sense of humor. Come on, admitt it, the guy resembles a little cheeky monkey.

May 23, 2008, 04:36 PM
    I suppose you would have preferred THE GORACLE?

May 23, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Mag, I agree completely with your assessment of who controls our economy. What do you think it would take to change that?
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Exactly what Ron Paul said we should do. Shut down the Federal Reserve which is owned by Private, European bankers. We, America, is completely in debt to them; Therefore, they really call the shots. We are "under the Crown." That is the truth of the matter. No conspiracy, no BullSh1t. We must go back to what the Constitution says we do.
    achampio21 Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

May 26, 2008, 11:27 PM
    HA!! I LOVE THIS SITE SOOOOO MUCH!! I can go to work stressed out about my day and come home hop on the et for a quick twenty minute unwind session and you guys(and gals) remind me of how small all of my daily problems really are and that there is much BIGGER problems out there that I am overlooking. I find myself relaxed and refocused in no time!

I sit back and read all of these posts... "and I think to myself what a wonderful world!!!"

Thank you all for such an awesome site!

Oh and by the way... 99.9% of all political units are scammers, liars, cheats, sneaks, thieves, and a thousand times worse than a lot of the criminals sitting on death row right now. I mean we have men on death row facing the chair or injection for shooting their wives in the head when they caught their lazy good for nothing butts in bed with another man. And our pres says "that man should die!" But he can lie to a whole country, steal from a whole country, send innocent men and women to kill people in another country, and that is so totally okay. But I guess when you are in a power position you can live the old fabled way of life... DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO.

And thanks again everyone I love this site!!

May 27, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Dang! I am so in the dark! I didn't realize that GW was running for Pres this time.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

May 27, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Dang!! I am so in the dark! I didn't realize that GW was running for Pres this time.
    In Dubya's third reincarnation he's coming back as John McCain. As one news commentator put it, "John McCain is closer to Dubya (W), than X, Y, and Z."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lied to [ 8 Answers ]

Well let me start by saying that I inherited my Mother due to Dimentia, so I inherited all her problems that come along with her. My Mother has been living with us for about three years now. Before she came to live with us she supposedly cosigned with my sister on a loan for a travel trailer....

Bush Lied 900+ Times In 2 Years [ 65 Answers ]

Study: False statements preceded war - Yahoo! News Wow.

I've lied. What should I do? [ 7 Answers ]

I cheated at school. My teacher is suspicious and so are my parents. I can't stop myself from denying that fact that I scored my own papers. What should I do?

I lied [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, My nae is Raph and I have a big issue in front of me. Well its not that big but I need help. I have been dating a girl for a month. I lied to her about an occasion ( I told her I was somewhere but I really wasnt) anyhow she found out that I lied and gave me the famouse line " we...

I Lied [ 5 Answers ]

:( I started playing poker on this internet site and just for a laugh I made a fales name and pic, but after a few days of playing I started talking to this guy and before I knew it I was making a new msn address for use to talk you should also no that I am single and 42. Every night ARE chats got...

View more questions Search