Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jason_jon_schafer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2006, 07:14 PM
    Bathtub Horror
    Hello, I am trying to re-do my bathroom which was going very well until I tried to get my cold water knob off the stem, I tried several things to try to get it to come off, eventually I just made the knob body come off the stem and in turn I broke it "imagine that". I took off the hot water stem went to Menards and Home Depot and they couldn't match it up, I don't know what brand it is but I just want to know if there is any where else I can go to find these old parts, I think they are old because it looks like it's the original plumbing yet. Any suggestions would be grateful!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 28, 2006, 04:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_jon_schafer
    Hello, I am trying to re-do my bathroom which was going very well until I tried to get my cold water knob off of the stem, I tried several things to try to get it to come off, eventually I just made the knob body come off the stem and in turn I broke it "imagine that". I took off the hot water stem went to Menards and Home Depot and they couldn't match it up, I dont know what brand it is but I just want to know if there is any where else I can go to find these old parts, I think they are old because it looks like it's the original plumbing yet. Any suggestions would be grateful!
    Good moening Jason,
    Somewhere on that faucet there's a manufactures trade mark. Until you can find it and replace the stem with the right one you might just as well figure on replacing the valve. If I were faced with problem I would take the old stem around to plumbing shops, ( not big box stores) and ask to pick throigh their "bone pile". All big plumbing shops have them. Old toilet tank lids, old faucet parts, etc. Good luck, Tom
    randall99 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2006, 11:19 PM
    If you can't find a replacement get ready to break out part of the wall to replace the whole facuet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horror sites [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me what are the greatest sites for "Horror Movies"?

70's horror movie [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie I saw as a young kid at the drive-in.. The only part I really remember is this guy puts on a suit and the collar tightens and strangles him.. Then I remember him dead in the back of a garbage truck wrapped in a dry cleaners bag, and the truck was smashing...

Favorite old horror movies [ 4 Answers ]

I'm just curious what everyone's favorite old horror movies from the 60s, 70s, and 80s are... plus I'd like to see if there's a movie someone loves that I haven't seen yet! I like many of the old movies, but I think my favorites are: 1960s: The Innocents, Carnival of Souls 1970s: The Exorcist,...

Skin horror [ 1 Answers ]

Hi room,I'm very interested in skin lightnin without blemishes,I've used lightenin creams for some time and always have brown or black patches like knuckles etc,very embarassin,now I have some spots white spots,after a brief enjoyment of blemish free skin its back to sq one,please how can I get rid...

Looking for name of sci-fi/horror flick [ 3 Answers ]

From what I remember this movie was set somewhere in the west maybe Nevada like area; anyway, alien invades town/rec area, has big head and the main thing is that he has these small creatures that he throws like frisbees at people, creatures are circular w/ claws around edge and teeth in center....

View more questions Search