Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kat18 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 06:23 AM
    What kind of pregnancy test should I buy, when should I take it?
    PLEASE HELP!!!!

I took a home pregnancy test when I was about a week late.. and it was negative. I will be two weeks late tomorrow, and I still have all the sighns and symptoms, (being tired, emoational, nausea, exc.) I had sex 15 days after my period started.. which I have been told is very likely the time I was ovulating.. and that wasn't the only time in the month me and my boyfriend had sex. I'm going to take another pregnancy test, but I don't know when to take it, or what kind to buy.. since the first one said negative should I buy a early prediction test? I know they detect lower amounts of HCG, and maybe it would be more likely to give me an accurate result.. or do I just buy a regular one? And which brands are most accurate? I can't get a blood test done just yet.. I'm 18 and still living at home. I can't drive, so my dad would have to take me.. which wouldn't be a good thing. I haven't told my boyfriend anything yet.. and I don't know how to tell him, or when. Should I have already told him about all of this? I don't want to freak him out unless I have to. But its getting scarry.. this morning I woke up with a massive headache, and I seriously felt like I was going to throw up after I took a drink of water.. and my nose has been runny.. so when I blew it.. it was full of blood.. bad?good?sighn/symptom? I don't know.. I've heard that some women get nosebleeds..
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

May 22, 2008, 06:50 AM
    I didn't get a positive result until I was 10 days late. I used a first response, but any test will do. Most women won't show a positive result until they are 7-10 days late, or even longer. I also didn't get any pregnancy "symptoms" until I was around 7-8 weeks. You need to take a test using first morning urine. Your urine is more concentrated and will give a better result. I would also suggest letting your boyfriend know. Regardless of the results, he helped get you into this position. You may simply have just missed your period. You're still young and your hormones aren't regulated. If it still comes out negative, wait and see if you get your next period. If not, I would see your doctor. Good luck!
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 07:12 AM
    I would tell your boyfriend. As the last poster said, he helped you get into this.

I would get the test that has the digital read out. It will say "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant". It really takes the guess work out of the "is that a faint line or not?"

Since you are sexually active and 18, you should be seeing a gynocologist. Even if you weren't sexually active - at 18 - it is time.

If it turns out that you aren't pregnant - start using protection. If you aren't ready to be a mom - you should take all the precautions to avoid it. Not to mention STD's
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

May 22, 2008, 02:09 PM
    I took a dollar tree test the night before I missed my period. It came out positive. I was only three weeks pregnant. Since it's been a week since the last time you tested, you should be able to use any test now. If you are pregnant your hcg levels should have gone way up by now and any test should work. Tell your boyfriend, he needs to be with you on this.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 03:33 PM
    When I thought I was pregnant I took the $1 test and it was positive and I was in denial and went and brought 3 more and 1 ept all was positive.

Then I starting freaking out on how to tell him so I put all tests in one little gift box along with one instruction, folded, and give it to him before he went to bad. He was in shocked, then it turned to joy.

Try again or try having someone take you to a clinic. Your boyfriend still needs to know, but if your scare of telling him put it on paper and give to him.

Then again I knew I was pregnant and didn't let him know until I was sure.

Anyway are you ready for a baby because it might, not 100% sure be a scare. First respone can detect if your pregnant within 3 day of a miss period because the hcg count is lower than others, look at the hcg levels when buying one because some are high.
    riae Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 10:30 AM
    If your boyfriend is mature he'll understand that both of your'll got yourself in this situation. The clear blue test is very accurate and the good thing about it, is that it can be taken anytime. This is a good time to find out what type of man you got.
    lynn2013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2012, 08:22 AM
    Have you found anything out if you are or aren't

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How soon can I take a Pregnancy Test? [ 2 Answers ]

My partner and I have been trying for 3 months and I was wondering how long after ovulation should you wait to do a test?

I'm 19 and I got a positive test- (kind of) I don't know if I'm pregnant or not [ 3 Answers ]

I can't get into the doctor for 5 more days, I missed my full period this month, no cramps, no sore boobes, no moodswings or cravings, nothing, but I took 3 tests and they all showed up with one full red line, and another light pink line. Is there ANY chance that I'm not pregnant?

What kind of pregnancy test do the doctor [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of pregnancy test do the doctor’s offices use? Is it the same type as the ones we can buy over the counter?

Blood test or pregnancy test? [ 3 Answers ]

Is a blood test more accurate to tell if someone is pregnant than a pregancy test?

Pregnancy test says no, but... [ 6 Answers ]

I have read a lot of things on pregnancy and how to tell if you are or not but I still am stuck. I have taken a pregnancy test and it says that I am not pregnant, I know that they are not to accurate when it comes to some people so I don't know if I should go to the DR. to get one or not. Ever...

View more questions Search