Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbonidy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 05:17 AM
    Lawnmower will not stop running!
    I have a Toro lawnmower, 2 year's old. It has 2 levers that join the stationay handle, one that drives the wheels, and one that drives the engine and blades. It still starts fine, however when I release the handle to disengage the blades and cut the motor - it keeps running. What is going on?
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

May 22, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Shut it off by touching a screwdriver with an insulated handle to the sparkplug. The wire, like a speedometer cable that attaches the hand control is too long. There should be a couple of inline nuts to tighten or loosen it until it works. If you have the owners manual that showed how to assemble it it should show how to make this adjustment. The cable can get sticky from a kink or from rust in wet conditions so you should lubricate it occasionally.
    echo srm 230 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 09:47 PM

Try making sure that the slider is toutching the kill wire on the flywheel brake

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet won't stop running [ 14 Answers ]

Good morning all, I have a crane toliet that is almost 10 years old. When I flush the toliet it does fill up but when it gets the full line it still runs. I mean it doesn't overflow but it does still run. What can I do to stop it from running?

NEED HELP Replacing engine stop/control cable on Murray Lawnmower [ 1 Answers ]

THe cable broke on the inside and I can't figure out how to take off the end that hooks onto the lawn mower, because it's a weird squared off round connector that seems to require some special tool to take it off or something Here is a pic of something kind of similar although it doesn't have...

View more questions Search