Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jham_lindow Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2006, 05:05 PM
    Are the game systems worth buying
    I was planning on getting an xbox 360, but since all the bad reports, I'm thinking of not getting one. Im also planning on getting a ps3. Are they worth buying?
    vartan Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

Feb 27, 2006, 05:12 PM
    Depends what you consider worth it? I am biast because I think that sony has done an all around better job (eventhough original xbox was still more powerful). Either way most games will be made for both the ps3 and the xbox 360.. The mainstream games anyway... so it really depends what kind of games you play.. if you are a sports fan I would stick with xbox.. if you are an rpg fan go with the PS3.. PS3 though is probably going to be much more expensive then the xbox.. because of the bluewave technology.
    czerno Posts: 76, Reputation: 6

Feb 27, 2006, 07:03 PM
    My opinion would be to wait for both systems to be out at least a year before buying one. I remember the first generation of ps2 had tons of problems not too long into its life, best bet is to wait until all bugs are worked out then go and get one.

Feb 28, 2006, 05:20 PM
    Which one would you recommend buying this summer? Tell me details like price and specs and other info you can dig up.

Feb 28, 2006, 06:07 PM
    Personally I'd go with the PS3. If only for the library of games it will have down the line. The specs are nothing if it don't have a great game library. Xbox had better specs, but PS2 had a better library of games and so it sold better. If you are looking to play online games Xbox would be the way to go. Its all in your preference of what you are looking for.

Feb 28, 2006, 06:22 PM
    I'm not naturally going to play a lot of online games, but when I do then it will probably be one of the games I already have

Feb 23, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Just as a note, there is going to be a new line of PS3, using HD-DVDs and BlueRay Discs. The graphics on those are worth checking out. BELIEVE ME, THEY ARE AWESOME!
    davidg229 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jham_lindow
    I was planning on getting an xbox 360, but since all the bad reports, im thinking of not getting one. Im also planning on getting a ps3. Are they worth buying?
    Yes they are I got one last night they are greay
    kyogre_smileyz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Well not really as they come and go so quickly. Video games get obsolete so fast that only if you can keep up, then it's worth it. It may be a source of entertainment and relaxation for some but one should always keep in mind that the world isn't 100% pleasure. There is also work to be done and sometimes, this gets in the way.

Mar 17, 2007, 01:58 PM
    I play quite a bit and still hold a steady job with good pay, married and my bills are paid. I think the games are a good escape BECAUSE the world isn't 100% pleasure. They really do not become obsolete that fast compared to other things like computers and cell phones for example. I've had my ps2 for well over 5 years and there is still good games coming out for a little while longer. The playstation1 had a lifespan of ten years before they ceased making games for it. The newer systems are gaining add-ons that are either downloadable or for purchase at game stores that will extend the life of these next gen consoles for years. And to jham, I did pick up a 360 and I am having a blast with it. I highly suggest getting one. A friend from work and I get online after work and play Gears of War to wind down and it's a good time.
    laxmasta900 Posts: 103, Reputation: 10

Mar 17, 2007, 04:12 PM
    Get a 360 man!! I bought one for only one reason!! Gears of War its so awesome!
    Go to this link, it has screenshots from gears of war:

IGN: Gears of War Screenshots, Wallpapers and Pics
    gameguru1360 Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Mar 23, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Well the reason to get a ps3 is the blu-ray, but the ps3 doesn't have the same online chat as the xbox 360. You can talk to other players online either on xbox360's dashboard or during a game. PS3 uses text chat, not talk chat while in a game. Xbox360 allows you to download content while playing certain games in the background. With the ps3, you have to physically sit there and watch your downloads finish.

But basically it all comes down to what you like playing. There are certain games to get with the xbox360 and certain games to get with the ps3 that are only available on those systems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is it worth? [ 3 Answers ]

I have some old baseball cards and have no idea what they might be worth. They are: Nolan Ryan 1992 from Leaf, Inc. #22 of 26 Mark Davis 1991 from Leaf, Inc. #54 Andrew Neal Allanson 1191 Leaf, Inc. #42 Ivan Calderon 1991 Leaf, Inc. #48

Is this worth anything? [ 1 Answers ]

I have purchased an etching in black ink at a estate sale- It says Native of Samatra on the etching. The artist is Lea Sterting. Below the name is the number 40. I was wondering if it may be worth anything. Thanks-

Is it worth [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 16 and I think I mite like my friends ex I've tlked to him about it and he says he is over her and my friends think I should ask her out. EVeryone but me thinks it is a guaranteed yes and I don't know... I have had bad experience in the past with her friend who had basically played me and said...

Is it worth it? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking to buy a good cheap car. I've found a really nice '93 honda del sol. It does have a couple issues though. Its got about 200,000 miles and it needs a tail light. Aside from that,its great!Purple with tinted windows and a CD player. They're asking $1100.00. Is it worth it?

View more questions Search