Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rayreysgirl28 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2006, 04:58 PM
    Hello
    Hi everyone I just wanted to say hello. I am almost going to be 18 but am not so sure about a lot of things. So many questons running through my head but I don't know who to turn to since my parents and I don't get along. For a first question. What should I do when I am constntly moving from home to home among friends? I haven't graduated high school even though I had very good grades? What do I do?
    vartan Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

Feb 27, 2006, 05:14 PM
    Well I personally suggest parents are going to be the best people to talk to.. But I really don't know your situation. What do you mean by constantly moving from home to home? Have you been living with different friends each day and not staying at home? And as far as high school you say you have good grades but you didn't graduate?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2006, 05:15 PM
    Hello. Welcome to the forum!

Why are you moving from home to home? Why not just stay at one home until June or why not stay at your parents' home? Is it really that bad?

Feb 28, 2006, 02:06 PM
    Well sorry for not including more details. But my parents are divorced. They have been since I was 5. Anyway my father and I don't talk. The last time I saw him was at my grandfathers funeral about 2 years ago. My father has always been like that, never calls, doesn't care about anyone but himself. Then my mother, well she tries her best, but she doesn't really know how to be a mom. Since I was 12, she worries more about herself, and her life. Always wanting someone else to take care of me. Right now Im staying with my ex boyfriend who has always been there for me. Its been almost 5 years now. Hes like my best friend. But that's more problems. Anyway I have been moving among my friends houses. This is because my mother as well does not have a stable home to stay at. Oh, and yes that is correct, I have good grades but didn't graduate. 2 years ago I thought I was pregnant so I missed 2 months of school. I turned out not pregnant. But since I had already missed school. I got held back. So there's more information. Well gots to go. Thanks for keeping in touch. God bless. Byes
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2006, 07:29 AM
    Hi,
    At 18 years old, no High School diploma, what are you going to do with your life?
    Even though you say you don't get along with your Mom, she is the best place for you to be right now. Are you ready to take on life's responsibilities by yourself? Your boyfriend might be kind to you, but he can't give you a job, help you get an education. Staying with friends might be great for now, but you can't keep doing that forever!
    I'm sorry you don't get along with your Mom, but she just might be your only hope for having any future. At 18, you have the rest of your life ahead of you, and only you can decide what it will be like.
    You say your Mom doesn't have a stable home... but, your life right now is very, very more unstable than most girls in America go through!
    I can't imagine how you are currently living is more stable than being at your real home with your Mom.

Mar 1, 2006, 07:36 PM
    Well My mom is the one who tells my friends if I can live with them. She doesn't want me around. Anyway my boyfriends family is the best and the closest thing Ill get to a family household. Anyway I'm planning on going to this one day get your diploma program and then I want to enroll in community college. My boyfriend is the one who has taught me how to drive, who has bought me clothes, food when Im hungry. Also ever since I was 5 every 3 months I get a migrane headache that causes me to stay in bed for about 3-4 days constantly throwing up and being unable to open my eyes (because the light makes me dizzy) and even unable to walk myself to the restroom. In the past yeas imagine being 15, 16 having a boyfrind take to the hospital, hold your hand while you throw up carry you to the restroom, stay up with you while you cry from the pain, go out numerous times just to get gatorade or sprite so that you won't dehydrite(not sure how to spell that sorrys) Anyway my boyfriend did all of this and still does. He has been there for me than both of my parents. I know most people won't believe this. But it doesn't matter. I know. Well here's some more informaton. Please keep writing back. I enjoy receiving your comments and opinions. Thanks
    Byes
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2006, 07:51 PM
    The GED program is hard but a good program, there are a couple of online accredited high school programs that you may want to look into also. I would do what I had to, and get some GED.

Sorry some people should not be parents and it appears you have a set.
    For that it appears you are doing the best you can.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2006, 08:30 PM
    I'm still scratching my head over this comment you made:

Quote Originally Posted by Rayreysgirl28
    2 years ago I thought i was pregnant so I missed 2 months of school. I turned out not pregnant.
    Why would you have to miss school? I can understand if you were 7/8 months pregnant, but 1 and 2?

Re: Your migraines. Have you seen a Doctor about this? Perhaps you have some sort of medical condition that is treatable.

I am sorry to hear about your situation with your parents. GED is a good idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search