Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soybb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 11:50 PM
    14 and very depressed
    Hi, I'm 14 years old, my entire life I was bullied and teased on because of my moms mental disability. I didn't have the normal childhood, because I was separated from my parents a lot. My elementary years we're teriable, I lost my best friend because of his traggic death, and I was madly depressed and what was worst, people still teased me. Now I lock myself up in my room, I spend most of my day having suicidal thoughts, and then dealing with my dad and he yells and screams and I cry. I've been missing a lot of school lately because everyone hates me and I have no friends and no life, whenever I go to school, I get bullied and its worst because the high school I go to are the old kids who use to bully me, and now the whole school knows about my moms mental disablilty. My dad just got a letter from my princeaple saying I'm failing all my classes, and is near of being exspelled from the semester. I can't handle anything, I have way too much suicidal thoughts, and I need help before I loose it and kill myself.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

May 22, 2008, 12:08 AM
    Hey! Your going to be OK.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

May 22, 2008, 12:25 AM
    Hi there... I'm really glad you came on here to talk about this and I feel really bad for you. The people who tease you about your mom are not worth a single sad emotion except for you to feel sorry for their soulless hearts.
    Losing someone is a really difficult thing too, and we have a bereavement section here on help desk where you can talk about that with others who also are battling grief & suicidal thoughts.
    You need someone to talk to, and you have me... And you have the entire family of AMHD (Ask me help desk) to talk to anytime.
    I have reached lows in my life that had me laying on the floor, and I've been there feeling hopeless and doomed. That's not how it will stay if you make a decision to stop letting your history path your future. You have to figure out what you can do to make things better. Have you ever talked to your dad? It sounds like you really need some support.
    You need to make some changes in your life! You need to get out and find something that makes you happy! Your 14, your just a kid. Depression is a mental virus, without treatment you will only get more depressed. What makes you happy? What is something you like to do? Is there someone you get along with and can talk to?
    I'm really taken by your question. The way you worded it, the maturity & intellect are clearly there and that tells me you can pull out of this. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Lots of questions... Sorry.
    DMA Posts: 114, Reputation: 8

May 22, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quinn
    Depression is a mental virus
    Be careful here. OP must realize that they are not sick in the head. They have done nothing wrong, it's important to remember that.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Do you have any relatives who live far away who will accept you living with them? Make a fresh start with a loving family.
    maliceluvsyou Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Jun 17, 2008, 12:21 PM
    I'm sorry that stupid people at school are teasing you. It really bothers me when people tease others, it's a waste of time and those people who are usually teasing have something in their life that sux! Your life doesn't suck, your mom is ill and that's not something to be ashamed. Not that you are. I want you to try to keep your chin up because high school will end and you can still have friends, just not people like them. Don't let those people get to you. I know its hard, and yes you should try talking to your dad. Is he an understanding person? Having suicidal thoughts is a hard to talk about, especially to your parents. I know this... If you dad doesn't listen, come back on here to talk. Please don't act out your depressive thoughts. Everything will soon pass and things will get better. Even if you believe that or not. Just hang in there =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I'm depressed [ 3 Answers ]

How do I tell my mom that I think I'm depressed?? She doesn't have any money I don't want to bug her I'm scared. :confused:

Depressed [ 6 Answers ]

Am I going crazy? Or am I just plain depressed? Why don't I feel happy? Why am I yelling and hurting my boyfriend who is so loving at me? Why can't I control my tears? I'm desperate for a break through. I feel helpless towards my condition. Why am I turning down so many good job offers? I...

Depressed Dog [ 4 Answers ]

I've had my puppy ever since she was 4 months old. Now she is almost about to turn 7 months. Before she used to be happy and playful and was always energetic, but now All she does is sit around or sleep and she always sighs. She still does eat and play Sometimes but she seems really upset and...

Depressed after one day? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently bought a Boarder Collie X Lab and she is only 9 weeks old. My sister was having her wedding and since the whole family was either in the wedding party or parent of the bride no one would be home from 7am - 2am. I did not want to leave the dog in the kennel all day so I wanted to leave...

View more questions Search