Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nahley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 10:19 PM
    Win32/NS Anti and Autorun.inf Attack,need information
    :) Hi you all...

:confused: I'v been facing lots of virus problems especially from these two Win32/NS Anti, d.com and Autorun. The antivirus software that I am using is AVG 7.5 and though it picks them up and says that they're healed but they appear again and again. I've search for answers and looked them up but it doesn't hurt to read more or get more tips.

I really want to know how to remove them completely and also keep my computer safe at the same time. Could you help me in telling me how to remove them, what anti-virus I could download (from the information I've got, they suggested spyware doctor and gpedit.msc (start->run) which is helpful but I can not run gpedit and also, I am not comfort able with spyware meaning I have never used it.
    Is there any other way...

I am sorry, I think I gave you a mouthful there...

Thank you and please do help me and my computer...

Ta!! :)
    rmkt1349 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 11:02 PM
    I'm not making sense of the autorun thing as that's a file normally reserved for CDs to load programs from. AVG have released 8.0 which I would suggest going to, check there site for 7.5 updates and it should show up.
    Have you tried booting into Safe Mode (press either F8 or F12 during boot) and then running a scan with AVG and doing the heal. Some stuff can only be removed whilst in Safe Mode.
    Symantec have great information on specific viruses, even if you don't use their product they list removal techniques etc for each one.
    Enjoy..
    Rob
    rmkt1349 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 11:06 PM
    Oh, on the spyware software issue, Ad-Aware 2007 is a great free tool that's pretty good. Check CNet.com and click on downloads tab, most downloaded software comes up on a list on the right. The top two are AVG free and Ad-Aware 2007.
    R
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

May 23, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Please run all the 5 steps listed here

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Try to open C: get error message (can not run in win32 mode) [ 2 Answers ]

Why will c:\ not open. I get error message the C:\ application can not run in win32 mode. I am running winXP pro. I just reinstalled because of virus created errors in windows

Win32 application? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello... I recently attempted to download a game for my PC. I think it's called "Army America Demo, and after the file transfer completed 99% it failed for some reason. No problem, right? I can just delete it and try again, you know? Wrong! It won't let me delete part of it. When I click on the...

Autorun dialog [ 9 Answers ]

Why every time I insert some devices into my laptop USB port, Autorun dialog did not pops up ? :mad: How to enable it ? :confused:

What's the best Anti Spyware and the best Anti Virus? [ 4 Answers ]

Just curious as to what works best for you? Take care, Happy Holidays to you and yours

Win32 [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot click on my icons on my desktop. I get the message " is not a valid WIN32 application" without the quote marks. How can I fix it so I can get the icons to work? [email protected]

View more questions Search