Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heave_falling Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Sometimes I wonder if our friends are trying to break us up
    As some of you know, I am in a long distance relationship. Which seems to be getting better, but now there is a problem with two friends of ours planning something last night to get me to be mad at my boyfriend. Nice huh.

So this is how it went from my point of view. I am talking to my boyfriend online when all of a sudden he signs off. I'm like OK? Hours later I'm getting ready to go to sleep, call my boyfriend he doesn't pick up. So I call our friend, lets call her Stacy. She's normally with him when she gets off work. He's not with her. She informs me that my our other friend, Lets call him Joe, told her him, my boyfriend and our other friend, I shall call him, Bob, went to a strip club. I personally do not like strip clubs nor do I approve my boyfriend paying females to strip so he can "get off", but I wouldn't ban him from them. I would just like to be informed when he goes. Which we have talked about. So a little bit later I call my boyfriend and Bob, neither pick up. Now I'm wondering if they were avoiding my calls because they were there and they know how I feel about them. So now I'm a little upset. Why wouldn't he just tell me? Later that night my boyfriend texts me saying he just got home. I asked where he went like I normally do. He tells me like always, but doesn't tell me everything. Like he's hiding something from me. According to him he and Joe go over to Bob's house play the 360, drink a little, then him and Joe drive around then he droped Joe off home then he goes home. Ok fine. I believe him. He's never lied to me before why would he start now? This morning I receive a call from Bob. He tells me they all went to a strip club last night. I feel hurt, not because he went but because he lied to me. Then of course I become mad. Bob relizes I really am very upset then confesses.

The Plan:

Joe tells Stacy that they are all going to a stip club knowing that Stacy would eventually tell me and I would become upset. Then angry at my boyfriend when I can't get ahold of him. Then when I do he would tell me what they really did. They know I would believe him and I would not bring it up. Then the next day Bob would call me and tell me they went to the club. I of course would feel hurt because I was lied to and of course become mad and there would be problems between my boyfriend and I.

Luckly Bob has somewhat of a heart and confessed the truth. Why would they purposely do something to cause trouble with me and my boyfriend? Seems childish and these were good friends of ours.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 21, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Lady, you have to many people in your relationship, and it seems they are not the friends you think. You and your b/f need a good long honest talk. Long distance relationships are hard enough on even the most committed, mature couples, without this drama. My opinion, you have to many ways to check up on this fellow, and that kind of scrutiny doesn't replace trust.

May 21, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Lady, you have to many people in your relationship, and it seems they are not the friends you think. You and your b/f need a good long honest talk. Long distance relationships are hard enough on even the most commited, mature couples, without this drama. My opinion, you have to many ways to check up on this fellow, and that kind of scrutiny doesn't replace trust.
    Its not that I don't trust him I do, and yes I do have ways to check up on him but I really don't. I really don't. And yes these people are not the people I thought they were. I just do not understand why someone would make up a situation to purposly make me mad at my boyfriend? Since we've started dating we've had a problem with bob since he is my ex. And joe well, he tried hard to convince me to end our relationship before I even moved because he thinks I will not remain faithful. I understand the problem they could have with me, but these are his best friends. Why would they would they even think of putting him in that situation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2008, 07:43 PM
    With friends like that you don't need enemies

You need to seroiusly take a look if they are really friends,

May 22, 2008, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    with friends like that you don't need enemies

You need to seroiusly take a look if they are really friends,
    Yeah I know. I really don't understand them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend went to a strip club! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years, and we totally trust each other and everything is going good. He went away for a few days with his friends and when he came back he told me he went to a strip club (also he told he was at Hooters and they "unexpected" had a bikini contest")...

I'm still mad at my boyfriend for going to a strip club [ 6 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 7 months and before we dated he would go to strip clubs every now and then with his friends but hasn't gone since we've been together. The other day he went to the strip club with his friends. I really didn't want him to go but he insisted that I had nothing to worry...

How do I get back at my boyfriend for going to the strip club? [ 21 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and a half and I love him with all my heart, except when he goes to the strip club! I will be honest and say that I am a very jealous girlfriend but he is also very jealous. A few months ago he went to the strip club, which I did not have a problem...

My boyfriend went to a strip club [ 12 Answers ]

I have kind of a long story and want to know what I should do... I met my boyfriend on line over four years ago... we used to just talk to each other and after a few months we decided to be boyfriend/girlfriend... I live in ny and he lives in ky... we've met in person and in July we went away to...

View more questions Search