Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rsrcwhite Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 04:05 PM
    anchoring gazebo
    I just purchased a 10 x 10 gazebo and plan on putting it on my concrete patio. How should I anchor it to the patio without having to drill into the concrete?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 21, 2008, 04:22 PM
    There are huge U shaped bolts that you can put into the ground where you use the U shape to attach heavy wire rope to. This configuration is similar to the tie downs that are used for mobile homes.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 22, 2008, 08:52 AM
    You could add cement blocks or bags of sand to the legs. Adding unsightly weights is about all you can do if proper anchoring is not possible. Why are you not wanting to drill the concrete?
    mrgazebo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 02:28 PM
    If the gazebo is heavy enough, you will not need anchors. If it is made of wood, then you can use L-brackets, bolt to wood then, glue to cement using a high strength epoxy. The recommended procedure is to drill to cement using expansion bolts, especially in high wind areas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fallen gazebo [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased and set up a 10x13 aluminum gazebo with side curtains (can be seen on the Boscov's website). The aluminum legs twisted and fell within 2 weeks. The sides are completely useless and had to be tossed but the top and side curtains are still perfect. Any suggestions on how to build and...

Hampton Bay Gazebo fans w/lights [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has already installed two Gazebo 52" fans with lights on our porch ceiling. He installed them in the standard position, a little down from the ceiling. They are too low, threatening our taller family members' safety. How would he go about reinstalling them in the close-to-ceiling...

Need light kit for Hampton Bay 42" Gazebo Fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay 42" Gazebo Fan Light adaptable. I want to add the light kit however Home Depot does not have in stores the light kit to fit this. There was once a Gazebo II fan and light but Home Depot no longer carries that. Where can I get a light kit?

Screened gazebo [ 1 Answers ]

We would like to enjoy our deck without the pesky insects, so we thought a screened in gazebo would be the answer. We were going to screw it down onto our deck, along with anchoring the walls wherever possible, but now we hear they are only to be used for shade purposes, and should be taken...

Anchoring to stone [ 4 Answers ]

I live on the water and need to anchor a wood platform to large stones on the shore. Does anyone know how to go about anchoring into stone?

View more questions Search