Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMANDA_26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 10:34 AM
    I have shaw cable phone this woman my ex dated and broke up with keeps calling from a private name and number and making threats I know its supposed to be reported to the police but I want her number so I can locate her address so he doesn't have to deal with this anymore he has enough stress so I would like to know what I can press to make that number show up when it comes in
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 21, 2008, 10:46 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

You can't. If she is blocking Caller ID there is no way for you to get around it. Your only recourse is to report it to the police. They can then subpeona your Telco's records to find out where she is calling from. You can't do it.
    Rover88 Posts: 68, Reputation: 14

Jun 4, 2008, 03:35 PM
    You could also ask your phone company whether they support *57. When you get a crank call, dial *57 immediately upon disconnect; this sets up a telco trace that the police can retrieve with a warrant.
    karron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2011, 07:47 AM
    There's this thing called privacy, I don't think you'll be able pass through these policies. At best you can just change your home number if you don't want to have any other calls. As far as I know <a href="http://www.voipsupply.com/voip-phones">VoIP phones</a> are really difficult to track just because people put a high emphasis on privacy.
    DrJaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 03:06 PM
    One very easy thing to do is use *77 - good idea in any case - which rejects ALL calls with caller ID blocking. I leave this feature on as I do not want to talk to people who do not want to identify who they are. Many doctors have caller ID blocking, so if you are going to call your doctor, you need to disable this feature with *87, at least temporarily.

That way if you get a harassing call you will have the # in your call log. If you are threatened, you need to always notify the police (after using *57 to initiate a call trace, as noted above). Also record these calls, as the legal system can not do any thing without an overt act. A threat is an overt act. Hope this helps! DrJaz

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to trace back a private call. [ 3 Answers ]

The title says it all.

How can trace a private call or unblock it? [ 7 Answers ]

I been receiving phone calls from a private phone # in my celular and I want to know who's number is it. How can I do that, I mean set up my cell phone setting to unblock the private number?

How to trace a private number call? [ 10 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there's a device or whatever that can be placed on a telephone line that will "unblock" a PRIVATE CALLER id on the caller id? I've been getting phone calls where they sit and listen and say nothing. I have a feeling I know who it is, but I have no proof. My home phone is...

Trace private call [ 4 Answers ]

I keep getting death threats, I think from an estranged family member. The calls are to my cell phone and from private. How can I find out who it is or stop it?

Use voip [ 5 Answers ]

How to establish voice over ip to use as user

View more questions Search