Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ayesha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2004, 01:14 PM
    Mary Kay Consultant
    I am an Independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay and I have invested about $1900 in the inventory. Was that a smart choice? Any suggestions would be great. And what is the best way to conduct this business??
    sushibaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2004, 07:46 AM
    Re: Mary Kay Consultant
    There are so many ways to double that money! Make lists of any ladies you know, call them and tell them about the awesome opportunity you have and you would love to pamper them with Mary Kay product. Put out facial boxes and get some names, make a nice basket with your product and offer 10% off anything from the basket if they buy that day... you will sell it all and need to order more in no time.  ;)  Good luck.
    1 other piece of advice that I live by is to go to your weekly meetings, they help, inspire and keep you motivated. Go when you are feeling frusterated and also go when you are having a good day, you will benefit from these meetings for sure.
    MKDIANEKEARNEY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2006, 12:17 PM
    Suggestions for selling
    Hi,

I also sell MaryKay and it is quite rewarding. It sounds as if you need to promote you business a little more. I generally take stock of my inventory and then make some cupons for what I have a lot of and then do a mass mailing using the self adhesive Literature bags from www.mygirlfriendshouse.com. It really seems to help because my sale stuff doesn't get tossed aside.

Diane
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2006, 01:31 PM
    sales
    sorry but after you have invested almost 2000 is not the time to be asking if it is a good choice.

If you have a flair for people and have an ability to sale, sales is a great way to earn a lot of money. Some of today's highest paid people are sales people.

But it does not sale itself, you have to get out of your house and so out and sale your product no matter what it is. If you sit at home waiting for someone to knock at your door to buy something, all the stock has little value.
    reinsuranc Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Feb 8, 2006, 10:49 PM
    I suggest you specialize in a particular audience: teenage girls, church groups, workplace groups, etc. Each group would have unique marketing. You wouldn't market teenage girls the same way you would market women in the workplace, right? And you wouldn't sell the same products to both group.
    gardener151 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2010, 02:06 PM
    Like the people said above, you will need to spend A lot of time moving that inventory off the shelf. I was a MK rep for a year and got hooked on the 'winning' of the prizes offered by my local sales group. I bought more inventory than I needed and before I could possibly sell it all, the company was pitching a new hot product and the cycle to promote that and be the best began all over again. If you have all day to devote to thinking, selling and creating new ways to promote and retain customer relations, or at least the heart to do so, you will probably do all right. Don't buy into the propaganda of 'the more inventory you have on hand, the better'. Get the order, then get it to them. Best wishes.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2010, 01:18 AM
    Very old thread where the original poster has never returned to address any of the responses.

Thread is now archived also.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Management Consultant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello buddies,I am a holder of a bachelors degree{honours} in Economics,I desperately want to be a Management Consultant.will you good people tell me what to do now?I want to get a masters degree by coursework, commencing this October in either of Marketing;Industrial Relations and Personnel...

View more questions Search