Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tboette Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2006, 07:23 AM
    Flat Paint
    I have some flat latex paint and would like to use it in the bathroom. Is there anything I can add to the paint ot make it #1 semi glossy and #2 Mildew resistant?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2006, 09:16 AM
    I doubt it. The gloss of a paint is determined by the ratio of vehicle to pigment and the types of pigment. You won't find more of the same kind of vehicle as in the original at the local paint store. Even if you did, the higher quality paints use pigments with needle shaped particles that are very hard to make more glossy. Mixing in a high gloss latex enamel might work, but the vehicles could be different and not mix well.

You may find a mildew additive at the paint store.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

E flat bass music [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what key E-flat bass (or E-flat tuba) music is written in? Is it in E-flat or concert pitch?

Lavatory sink not flat? [ 4 Answers ]

We're replacing a lavatory sink, and it appears that the bottom of the new sink is not flat. It rocks from side to side nearly 1/8 of an inch. It's a 19" round Gerber vitreous china sink. If we spin the sink 90 deg, it still rocks from side to side (relative to the sink, that is). Is this sort...

Deep and flat structure [ 3 Answers ]

What are the deep structure diagram and the flat structure diagram, any one can send simple shapes of those kinds. Thanks in advance

Car is flat/dead [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - I fixed my car, but the question I want to know the answer to is; what actually makes or causes a car to be flat.dead ? When I say this, I mean when you turn the ignition it just makes an awful drone sound and just won't fire up. Thanks

View more questions Search