Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KENTUCKY NICK Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

May 21, 2008, 04:11 AM
    Rheem eletric water heater trouble
    We are getting a smell around the water heater tank area, that smells like decomp... There are no leaks and this smell seems to come and go . My wife can smell it much more than I can and she thinks that we need to replace the heater. I can't see how a smell would be coming from the tank if there are no leaks. This unit is about ten years old and has a anode rod in the top of the tank that can be replaced. The water coming from the fauset has no smell. We have checked the area for mice but have found nothing What do you think? Thanks for your help. :confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 21, 2008, 06:23 AM
    Have you shut the power off and opened the bottom inspection plate to check the insulation for moisture? Could be that it's not the heater at all. You could have a dead critter down there somewhere. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power Vent Rheem Hot Water Heater [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Rheem Power Vent hot water heater, model 21VP40-1. My problem is that it will not stay lit on the final start up stage. It operates OK, stays lit, if turned on manualy on the unit. I have replaced the gas valve. I am leaning toward the control module. Any advice?

Rheem Heater RGPH 05NAUER start trouble light codes [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have the above heating unit which has failed to start today. It appears to be getting power. The two green LEDs are on and when the thermostat says it is "system on" the left green flashes in groups of 4 flashes and pauses and repeats. About a month ago we had a startup problem and...

Rheem water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have 50 Gallon Rheem gas water heater that has a igniter button. The water heater will not light when pushing the igniter button. The gas line is open. The tank is only 3 years old and was winterized before we moved in. Do anyone know how to light or bypass the igniter button to light this tank?...

Eletric water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a new eletric water, but I still do not have any hot water in the my house How do I fix this?

View more questions Search