Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    burrridge Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2006, 12:13 AM
    Want to pay, but need to clear report,too
    I am considering bankruptcy, but I'm unsure.
    If I file, will all bills be removed from my report?
    If I can somehow manage to pay off these creditors, will these bills still be listed on my credit report?
    Help!
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2006, 02:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by burrridge
    If I file [bankruptcy], will all bills be removed from my report?
    You won’t be obligated to pay them. And the bankruptcy will be listed on your credit reports for 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by burrridge
    If I can somehow manage to pay off these creditors, will these bills still be listed on my credit report?
    Yes. They will be shown as paid though, but they will show that you were late, or were forgiven on some debt or whatever.

If you are able to pay of the debts, you should. It is a far better option than bankruptcy. Bankruptcy should be seen as your last option when paying back is not feasible at all.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2006, 06:11 PM
    Bankruptcy should not be seen as a means to clear your report.

Do the best you can to work with your creditors. Even with a bad history you will be surprised at how fast things can change with a few good years behavior.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clear sac on pubic hair? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I recently shaved my pubic hair and, as always, tweezed some hairs that were hard to shave off. As I pulled some hairs out, they had a clear sac-like thing attached to the hair that was underneath the skin. I've let the hair grow back in some, and if I tweeze out other hairs, some of them also...

C++ basics, need clear explanation of... [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone give a very clear and concise explanation of a very basic example program in C++ with showing passing variables by value and by reference. I need to know exactly how to declare the function. How to define the function? And how to call the function? The part I need...

Not too clear about this 30 day notice [ 5 Answers ]

My husband rented a one bedroom apartment back in 2003. Now that we are married, and we need more room, we are looking into getting a 2 bedroom apartment. His lease was up at the 1st of the month. He talked with the office about a 2 bedroom, and they told him to come back, a few times. Well, at the...

How do I clear my browser cache? [ 2 Answers ]

How I clear my browser cache? I'm a newbie.

View more questions Search