Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amaffei Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2006, 10:22 PM
    Overflowing drain pipe
    My washing machine drain pipe overflows and at the same time the water overflows into the sink. I just moved into this house.It was built in 1964. I am connected to a sewer system. I have already tried liquid plummer a couple of times . Still having the same problem. All of the other drains are fine. What can I do? :confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 27, 2006, 05:22 AM
    You have a blockage downstream from the kitchen sink. The answer is to snake out the kitchen vent from the roof. Drop the cable down until it hits the base and then about 20 foot more. To test, cycle the washer. Good luck, Tom
    randall99 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2006, 11:27 PM
    First see if the problem is in the house or on the main line the way to check is to open up the clean out and run some water if it backs up from the alley the clog is in the line leading from the clean out to the alley just snake it out
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 2, 2006, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by randall99
    first see if the problem is in the house or on the main line the way to check is to open up the clean out and run some water if it backs up from the alley the clog is in the line leading from the clean out to the alley just snake it out
    Great suggestion Randall,
    However in his first post he said everything else was draining Ok so that would tend to place the clog in the branch.. But your suggestion has merit. You have pointed out the way to analyze the location of a clog. Nice post. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine drain keeps overflowing [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, at my house, we have had a continuous problem over the years being that the washing machine drain will back-up and overflow from time to time. It occurs about every 6 months or so, and to fix the problem, I pour Assault down the drain, and that takes care of the problem. The washing machine...

Dishwasher won't drain and washer is backing up and overflowing [ 3 Answers ]

I have problem that has completely stumped my dad and I. My washer is backing up every time it goes to drain out for both the wash and rinse cycles. Also, my dishwasher is not draining out at all either. The washer has been doing this for a while, but the dishwasher just recently started doing...

HELP Wash machine drain overflowing! [ 1 Answers ]

I have no idea what to do. I have a front load wash machine. I am using about 9 feet of 2 inch flexible drain tube (like a vacuum hose), which runs behind the wall on a slight decline to the sink drain. The water DOES leave the tube completely, but sometimes the water backs up at the junction...

Washer drain overflowing [ 1 Answers ]

The drain that my washing machine overflows during the rinse cycles. We have replaced the pipe and snaked the main pipe (metal pipe where pipes drain to). I have a Sear washer (older 12 yrs model) and it says it requires a 34" in standpipe with diagram showing 34" from floor to top of pipe. We used...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

View more questions Search