Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    praduman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Customer service
    What is the difference between customer service and customer delight?
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Customer service is when you give them what they ask for. (politely of course)
    Customer delight is when you go the extra mile to make someone happy while seriving them!;)
    Linda Griffin Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

May 29, 2008, 07:07 AM
    Good customer service starts with setting the customer's expectation. Giving them whatever your product or service advertises it will do. You delight a customer when you surprise them with what they would consider extra value for the same price. For example, if a shipping company guarantees to get your package delivered by 10am the next day, this sets the customer's expectation. When they deliver on time, it's considered good customer service. One way they could delight a customer is by offering an emergency pickup outside of the normal business hours for no extra charge. This is something unexpected which would surprise and delight the customer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Customer service [ 3 Answers ]

How can u be a very customer service representative? What are the FAQ ON customer service?

Customer service [ 2 Answers ]

When in customer service if a customer yells what do you do?

Customer service [ 2 Answers ]

-Can you give an example of a time when you experienced good customer service and explain why it was good? -Tell me about a time when you give effective customer service? -Have you ever dealt with a company that provided first-class customer service?what aspects it so good and how would you...

Customer Service [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to find names of senior and top level professionals working in MNC? i.e. Gen. Manager, Marketing Head, vice presidents, directors etc. I have visited their websites but I have not succeeded. Please show me the method to get this info. Either through net or any other mode....

Customer Service Letter [ 1 Answers ]

I have to write a letter apologizing to a customer... the customer received a counterfeit $50 bill at one of our stores. She thinks it came from our store but left the store before determination of the fake money. She wants a letter stating that there is nothing we can do about the problem so that...

View more questions Search