Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jerry42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Genuine etching by Martinet
    I have an etching titled "The Somme River", I believe it is by Achille louis Martinet 1806 to 1877.

It has a label on the back with Paris Etching Society, distributed by Turner, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York.

A circle on the front apparently indicated this is #2 of 32 such copies of this etching.

From what I have read these have little value but, I am interested in any info on this particular etching and artist. This belonged to my mother and she aked me to find out information on it.

Thank You
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 20, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Hello, Jerry42!

The first information that I will direct you to is on the following link of this site, in case you haven't read it already. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/art/pa...ad-155531.html

I will do some checking on the artist and get back with you...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paul Emile Lecomte Etching from Paris Etching Society [ 2 Answers ]

I found an etching by Paul Emile Lecomte issued by the Paris Etching Society entitled "The Stream" and number 109 SLZ. I am not familiar with Etchings but I would assume that they are similar to limited editions. Is this of any value? Thank you

Is it a genuine. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi... I am sravan... 2 days a go I got a mail from ">EMAIL REMOVED<" mail. So I responded with the detials given and I was surprised seeing that.. according to the details in that my8 ID's was screened by computer among 900 crore mail ID's from diffferent parts of countries.. I have responded...

Non genuine XP [ 4 Answers ]

I have a non genuine windows xp pro and every time I boot , there's a startup saying this copy of windows is not genuine and no longer eligible of receiving security upgrades from Microsoft. By the way , I already removed the WGAtray in notification bar,id like to know how to remove this startup...

Non Genuine Windows [ 1 Answers ]

I have had the same problem lately with my Dell (bought from Dell). Windows not Genuine, I can also go to a web site, connect, and for example log onto Bellsouth, then select the pay my bill link, I get cannot connect. I have gone to Microsoft to try and run updates, but that fails as well. I get...

Information on Paris etching society etching [ 1 Answers ]

Have a etching "Near Anneau In France" signed in pencil,I can not make out the name . On the back of the etching say genuine etching by"Philippe" distributed by Phillips toronto Ltd. My husband got mad at me for paying ten dollars for it the first year we were married. That was thrity three years...

View more questions Search