Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dolly100 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 03:04 AM
    Which started first global warming or underwater volcanoes and opening fault lines?
    Which started first global warming or underwater volcanoes and opening fault lines?:(
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 20, 2008, 03:10 AM
    Errrrr.
    Bear in mind without some form of global warming there wouldn't be life on earth as we know it.
    Also how far back are you talking.
    Do you really want use to do ALL of your homework on this subject, judging by your recent posts?

Refer to this announcement: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/math-s...-b-u-font.html
    dolly100 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 03:18 AM
    Is not my homework
    I'm just interesting in global warming , volcanoes and opening fault lines ,earth,space,sun,moon ,light year,light sun.. ets and I'm searching
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 20, 2008, 03:29 AM
    You need to read this then: Global warming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 20, 2008, 03:48 AM
    The following search might also be of interest to you in your personal research then.

Global Warming, Volcanoes and Opening Fault Lines - Google Search
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Some reading material related to your interest in volcanoes,global warming and fault lines.

Plate tectonics - Encyclopedia of Earth

e.Peak (3/2/2003) news: science: World's oldest volcanic rock unearthed in Québec

Earth Will Survive Global Warming, But Will We? | LiveScience
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jun 26, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Global warming and cooling has been occurring in cycles and for various reasons, and long before mankind was around. The North pole doesn't revolve like an old phonograph record stem, but slowly wobbles in an orbit of its own that causes cycles of cold and warm weather in different parts of the Earth at different points in the cycle. Catastrophic natural occurrences, such as the recurring caldera explosions in Yellowstone National Park, also contribute to sharp variations in global climate.

Your literal question was however, which occurred first, global warming or the two other things you mentioned. Technically, global warming occurred first billions of years ago when the Earth was still forming and was constantly being struck by rocks and other materials from space to such an extend that it was largely a molten planet. As these collisions subsided, the planet cooled and formed oceans, etc.
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jun 26, 2008, 01:29 PM
    If by global warming you mean global warming as it is presented today, namely, "a dastardly force that we humans have imposed on even the smallest of cute little bunnies for our own selfish gain, through out which we live in rich lavish oblivious comfort while Bambi sweats it out under the hot sun whose effects have been multiplied by the greenhouse effect established by gasses we produce," then the answer would be underwater volcanoes and fault lines, as today's perception of global warming has only been around since Al Gore didn't become president, some time after he invented the internet. If you mean global warming as in the natural cycle the earth goes through, hence ice ages (and the recession of ice ages), then it is hard to say. Plate tectonics and global warming, from my knowledge, have little to do with each other, and it would be my *assumption* that they both began around the same time, though we're talking billions of years here, so that could mean hundreds of thousands of years apart. However I think I remember something from geology about how the Earth when it was first created didn't have a stable atmosphere, and was pretty much all volcanoes and jagged peaks, most of which have been weathered and eroded by billions of years of elements. So if I were to guess, I would think the plate tectonic part was the first, global warming to occur later. Good luck on finding a more conclusive answer than mine!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Since when started global warming? [ 6 Answers ]

When was there :confused: the phenomenon of global warming for the first time in the fumigation

Global warming [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, does anyone know a good website to find info on global warming that isn't man-made?? Thank you..

Men to blame for global warming [ 48 Answers ]

At least it's not just Bush's fault any more... Chief scientist in sports cars warning to women Personally, I think women in Suburban Assault Vehicles on cell phones are a bigger threat (in more ways than one) than men in Ferraris. So how about it, who's willing to stop buying sports...

Global Warming? [ 2 Answers ]

Only in Arkansas... how this got past the editor, I can only venture to guess... 4519

Global warming [ 14 Answers ]

Why arnt we putting all of our power into this situation I mean countries are going to be under waterrr... and mostly in europe I am really worried and our tempratures are hanging in many parts of earth and we are having a lot of hurricanes and such... so we arnt we putting all our mind into this.....

View more questions Search