Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kim & Kyle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2006, 04:36 PM
    Planting grass in clay soil
    We live in Texas in an area that is primarily clay soil. Is bermuda the best grass to plant? If so, when should we begin planting?
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Feb 26, 2006, 06:23 PM
    Google "planting grass in clay soil" There is a heading "Expert Advice:Lawns". It is a Better Homes & Garden site. Scroll down until you see the Q & A about the same question simuliar to yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic System- Clay Pipes [ 4 Answers ]

We are purchasing a house that has a septic system with clay pipes that is approximately 25 years old. What is the normal lifetime of clay pipes and should they be replaced soon as the septic company is recommending? Thank you for any help

Growing grass in clay soil-what's best way? [ 3 Answers ]

My lawn is mostly clay soil. Have a few spots where grasss just refuses to grow. Tried digging up and replacing the clay w/new soil, applied organic manure, tried different types of grass seed. Need help as to what to do to the soil in order for the grass to come in and not die off.

Clay Soil Lawn [ 1 Answers ]

Our lawn is 1 year old and has lot of Clay content in it.. I treated this spring with Lime and fertilizer... Attached picture shows the current condition of the lawn.. Please tell me what I should do.. Should I till & put topsoil or just areate and put top soil... There is currently no topsoil...

Need to grow grass in clay [ 2 Answers ]

My new yard seems to be all clay, water just runs off, some areas are flat areas and some a little hilly, so it washes everything off in rain, should I rototill and add something? And what is the best grass to grow?

Growing grass in clay [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently an art student at manchester metropolitan university in the u.k and my project is growing grass. I have recently heard of a technique that has been used by other artists were clay and grass are put together and then plastered onto an object and the grass grows through the clay. I...

View more questions Search