Ask
    kfuqua33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Estimate per square foot for commercial office cleaning
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 20, 2008, 02:01 AM
    Hello, kfuqua33!

I just moved your question to its own thread that you had posted as an answer/response to someone else's question so that it will get noticed more. This place doesn't work the same way that chat rooms do, and if you want a question to get noticed that isn't a part of an answer to someone else's question, it's best to be posting the question by itself on an entirely new thread.

Are you required to estimate based upon the square feet? Or, can you use some other method, such as the hours that you think that it might take you to complete the job? Also, will you be doing anything other than sweeping, dusting, mopping, cleaning and/or polishing using liquids by hand, vacuuming and taking out the trash?
    HBF Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Aug 20, 2008, 03:50 PM
    It is better to bid per hour rather than square foot, but if you do square foot, it is cleanable area, not the entire building area. This is why most business owners will not do it this way. It is hard to determine that number. If you calculate an hourly rate and submit a job rate to your client, that will work.
    emily45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Hello, kfuqua33!

I just moved your question to its own thread that you had posted as an answer/response to someone else's question so that it will get noticed more. This place doesn't work the same way that chat rooms do, and if you want a question to get noticed that isn't a part of an answer to someone else's question, it's best to be posting the question by itself on an entirely new thread.

Are you required to estimate based upon the square feet? Or, can you use some other method, such as the hours that you think that it might take you to complete the job? Also, will you be doing anything other than sweeping, dusting, mopping, cleaning and/or polishing using liquids by hand, vacuuming and taking out the trash?
    Yes it has to be by sqare footage because it's a doctors office and some of the houses that I am cleaning have 2-3 bedrooms. I just need to know when cleaning the doctors office if it is 3 times a week do I just take the sqare foot and times that by.08 cents a square foot and then by 3 . If you can help I will apreciate the feedback thank you Emily
    ladyinred2010 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 08:28 PM
    I have a commercial Cleaning Bid for 20,000 square feet they are looking for someone
    5 days a week to come in 2X a day morn just light cleaning empty trace , etc. And
    the even lots of dusting and mopping I do live in IL and trying to figure out shall
    I charge by square feet or charge by the hour. Never done a job this size. I don't
    want to over bid myself or under bid myself Can someone help please.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 20, 2012, 08:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinred2010 View Post
    I have a commercial Cleaning Bid for 20,000 square feet they are looking for someone
    5 days a week to come in 2X a day morn just light cleaning empty trace and etc. And
    the even lots of dusting and mopping I do live in IL and trying to figure out shall
    I charge by square feet or charge by the hour. Never done a job this size. I don't
    want to over bid myself or under bid myself Can someone help please.
    Hi Ladyinred,

I admire your ambition. However, please start your own thread in Home-Based Business. This is someone else's old thread and it is called 'piggy backing' to attach your question here. If you start your own thread you will receive many more responses I am sure and I would be pleased and honored to assist you in responding to your question.

Thanks,

Stringer
    vinod N Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2012, 10:46 AM
    How much cost for per square feet for cleaning in commercial area
    Business Expert

Jul 3, 2012, 10:53 AM
    Please see my answer above, thanks.

Stringer
    Business Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 11:21 AM
    HI Sharon,

Please start your own thread with your question, you will receive more responses.

Thanks,

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Office cleaning rates per sq. Foot [ 2 Answers ]

What is the going rate for general office cleaning about 5,000 square feet and how long will it take to clean the office building?

Estimate per square foot for commercial office cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

What is the average fee per square foot for office cleaning?

Office cleaning per squar foot [ 7 Answers ]

I have a small cleaning company and Im trying to figure out how much to charge per square foot for a regular office building. What is the going rate in the Indiana area anyone know?

Price for square foot cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

How much is for square feet cleaning

How to submit a construction cleaning bid on a 1510 square foot home [ 1 Answers ]

I need to submit a construction cleaning bid on a 1510 square foot home. Not sure how to write it up, please help

View more questions Search