Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 11:46 AM
    I was looking for different flowers and came across these...

http://www.capeseedandbulb.com/cerop.jpg
    http://www.cambridge2000.com/gallery.../P60215244.jpg
    http://www.discoverwest.com.au/maste...rock/l727f.jpg
    Strange flowers on the road ...: Photo by Photographer Ipeson Korah - photo.net

Did you know this?
    Once a butterfly emerges from its chrysalis it never grows any bigger.
    butterfly facts
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 22, 2008, 11:54 AM
    I believe I spotted these flowers while driving in the country in my furry car! LOL!

I'm a floral designer, so I love seeing different flower varieties. I believe #3 would be a type of orchid, very pretty! My fave is #4! I would love to work with those!
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Starby.
    I love to try my hand at floral design and would love to see your work.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 22, 2008, 12:23 PM
    I have some old snapshots somewhere! I think my old partner has most of them. We closed our business yrs ago. I mostly do work from home now. I really should be taking pics.

Here are some really nice pics though! :)

YouTube - Flowers in Love
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Starby,
    Beautiful flowers!

What do you actually do? Floral designs for fabric?or art? Or something else?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 12:30 PM
    No I didn't Firmy, But while writing a poem I did learn that their adult name is Imago. Look at some of the beautiful butterflies at the bottom of this link.Butterfly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Btw I love those flowers that you posted, however that last one was sort of ominous looking... lol if a flower can look ominous.
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Starby... I used to do flowers, never for a living but one mothers day when my son was in the throes of his expensive illnes I made a small mint on arranging flowers that my friend sold at work. I am sad to say that most of the things I make I rarely take pictures of.
    I have done a few weddings in my time and boy are they hard... I have great respect for people that do it for a living... competitive as well as a lot of hard work.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 22, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Starby,
    Beautiful flowers!

What do you actually do? Floral designs for fabric?or art? or something else?
    I work with fresh, drieds, and silks. I'm usually contracted to do flower arrangements for show homes, weddings, well whatever they call me to do. I haven't been doing too much lately. The latest one I did, I had to get up on a ladder to finish it. It was for a show home entryway with vaulted ceilings. That was the largest I'd ever done. My camera isn't working, so I didn't get a pic. The company probably has one though.
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 12:38 PM
    G,
    Thanks for the link.
    Can't even choose the most beautiful,but love the ones named "The Blues".
    The butterflies named "Lady" sure does sound beautiful.

I agree, there are some flowers and plants that do look omnious.I found some while searching but today I was more into beautiful ones than omnious.;)

EDIT::
    Starby,
    You must take some pics next time and we want to see them here... pretty please:D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 22, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    starby...I used to do flowers, never for a living but one mothers day when my son was in the throes of his expensive illnes I made a small mint on arranging flowers that my friend sold at work. I am sad to say that most of the things I make I rarely take pictures of.
    I have done a few weddings in my time and boy are they hard...I have great respect for people that do it for a living... competive as well as a lot of hard work.
    Weddings are the hardest really. The bride is usually hard to please, and changes her mind frequently! Not to mention the brides mother! ;)

One thing that sticks out in my head was a huge C'mas party I did one time for a large oil company. I had a big budget, and it was hard and I was exhausted, but it turned out so beautiful! We had flowers hanging from the ceiling in a big ballroom. 6 Christmas trees decorated with fresh flowers, even a bridge when you walked in, with a running fountain, and flowers floating in the water. It looked like a C'mas fairytail, if I do say so myself. :D

I can't take all of the credit for it though. My partner and her husband, and about 15 other people helped a lot! :)

Edit: G, I will try and take pics of my next project. Whenever that will be. Then I'll have to get someone to show me how to post them, LOL!
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 12:53 PM
    Oh I would have loved to have seen that. Have you seen the special the WHite House does at x-mas times of the trees and decorations... simply stuning.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 22, 2008, 12:58 PM
    I have seen short clips of the White House at C'mas. It is beautiful! I've seen some clips from Martha Stewarts C'mas's too! Betch she doesn't do hardly any of that! LOL!

For some reason I just got an image in my head of George dubbya trying to decorate a tree! Eeeeeeekkkkkkkk! LOL!
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 01:06 PM
    This year the theme was national parks... if you get the chance to watch it do so, I believe it was on the hgtv channel.

Yes, dear martha can't possibly do all that we see. I really loved her old show. I may be a nerd... but she did a show on tea towels loved it, a show on roosters and old linoleum rugs, oh and the one where a chinese lady made edible flowers for wedding cakes from sugar... I wish I had taped them all. I'll shut up now:D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 22, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Don't worry! I'm a bit of a Martha geek too! I watch it every morning! Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone!

I will see if I can find the video and watch it. You know what's really funny? Nobody everrrr sends me flowers! They think because I've worked with them for 20 plus yrs. that I don't like them as a gift! I looooove flowers! That is why I do it!
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Yeah, duh... sometimes I buy myself flowers... my hubby used to all the time... but he never does anymore:( of course I prefer the ones that I can plant and enjoy over and over.
    My daughter(14) gives me flowers all of the time that she picks.

I have a really great neighbor... tall willowly woman, wears a hat while gardening lives in a Smokey blue, white and mauve victorian house, white picket fence, every type of flower you can imagine and she emails me or yells woo hoo free flowers for the picking... Oh I love her so much she is a Catholic school teacher that teaches her History lessons in Latin.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 22, 2008, 01:31 PM
    Oh, got to love her! I haven't done much gardening in the last couple yrs. but I have a lady across the street who has known me since I was a kid, that gives me flowers too! She's so sweet! She does tours in her yard for the horticultural society. In the spring and summer she is out in her yard from dusk till dawn, carring for her flowers. It's a beautiful yard!

I feel really embarrassed sometimes, when all of the people show up, sometimes with news crews, to tour her garden. I always think they are going to look across the street at my house and think, how pathetic is that?! She's got this large lush looking lawn, and not a weed in sight, and here I am with yellow patches, and weeds!. that is not even mentioning my backyard with doggie poop! LOL!
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 01:38 PM
    Lol, starby that is so funny... I can just imagine..
    Hey think on the bright side it makes hers look even better.
    She may end up with a award someday:D

YouTube - Emilie Simon - Flowers

Nice chatting with you ladies. Sorry firmy I got carried away with flowers... but I bet if starby will post a pic her yard it will go in your amazing places collection:eek:

Ya know Nikki makes your yard shine.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 22, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Awwwww, taaankss! Someone will buy me flowers! :D LOL, that was sooo cute!

Here's one of my fave sites to watch.

Episode77 - Floral Design by The Flowergod

Stringer and I are having the weirdest conversation, in my castle in the lounge... geez he makes me laugh!
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Thanks for the link... he knows his stuff... he made thearrangement and did not even look at the fronttill the end! It looked good from every angle. Wow!

I peek in on your lounge antics... snicker and go away those places are good for a laugh and I hate to admit it but if there is a spicy thread going on or tiff ,shh I know to look there to get additional info. Sometimes me feels like a stalker coming and going quietly.

But I do enjoy the happiness of the lounges even though I rarely join in.
    Friend and alty were having a war on a thread posting different pictures that they googled... how cute.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 22, 2008, 02:24 PM
    I know, we all have our silly fun, and get a little nuts sometimes! So we have a stalker in the castle do we? Hmmmm! You know this means I have to alert the guards! LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amazing dancing dog [ 4 Answers ]

I saw this and was amazed at the interaction. I wonder how long they worked before they got this so smooth! Chien Danseur

Amazing pictures [ 2 Answers ]

From National Geographic online, pictures of a comet that has it's tail whacked off! Photo in the News: Comet Loses Tail in Space Collision

Just had to share this it is amazing [ 18 Answers ]

Ive never been struck by adverts but heck this one has me by the short and curlys I hear the music I just have to watch its just fascinating :DuwswkJZEdS4

View more questions Search