Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    folsomfisher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 09:57 PM
    Suggestions on installing crown moulding on curved fireplace
    We're planning on installing crown moulding (4 5/8) in our living room, but we have this darned curved fireplace in the corner (hopefully I've attached the image successfully). I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on what to do -- should I look at purchasing some flexible moulding, stopping at the corners of the fireplace, or??

Thanks in advance!
    Todd Fisher
    Attached Images

ciaron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 10:22 PM
    How do I install the sn master file for signing on AOL 9.0 v
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2008, 10:32 PM
    FolsomFisher - The plastic molding that is already different colors is pretty flexableand will give quite a bit, I have used a kerosine blower heater to help make plastic mold to form around curves, you just don't want to make it to hot to loose its reg shape.. Good luck and GOD BLESS ( PS WOOD Won't BEND VERY EASY ) ::: F.B.E.
    ThomasCKeat Posts: 157, Reputation: 12

May 20, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Go on line, they sell flexible moulding of all kinds. And they will even match what you have if necessary. A little expensive but the best way to handle off angles and curves.
    folsomfisher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Thanks very much for the info! Todd
    heathcrist Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 06:01 AM
    Crown the whole room and stop at the fireplace curve. Paint the curved part of the fireplace the same color as the bottom. Make the walls of the room a different color. This way the flu is part of the fireplace. Paint the brick another accent color. As an interior design artist I have painted designs or textures, or faux finishes on this part of the fireplace. Treat the whole fireplace as a piece of furniture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a mantel on a fireplace [ 3 Answers ]

I'm planning on using precast stone on my new fireplace. Do I install the wood mantel after the stone is set or before the stone is set? The stone will not be uniform in thickness and depth. I'm not sure how I could install the wood mantel after the stone is in place because of the lack of...

Crown molding on a curved wall [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a way of installing crown made from wood/mdf on a curved wall?

Price p/sf installing stone on fireplace? [ 1 Answers ]

we have approx 400sf of fireplace (indoors) to be covered with flag stone in a random stacked manor, if the stone is supplied by owner, does any one have a price p/sf that's fair in mind for a stone mason and a laborer? Is 63.00 p/sf in the ball park? Any help will be appreciated. Thank u.

Plastic moulding [ 6 Answers ]

What are the bits of plastic that are cut off and disgarded after the moulding process? I think it's a word like scree or scrag?

View more questions Search