Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smiler19 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2006, 03:56 PM
    Can't burn cds but DVDS burn fine
    :rolleyes: Hi there I have looked through the relevant forum pages and couldn't find the answer so here goes.I have a Sony DVD RW DW -D22A (cd rom drive)if I want to burn any DVD fine no problems but a different matter for cdrs.If I put a blank cdr into the drive and then try to burn all that happens is the 1drive won't open until I reboot 2 when using Nero error unrecognised burn phrase .Since this happened I have tried alc 120% etc all to no avail also I have looked in my devices everything looks fine.My computer is a 2.4 ghz amd Athlon 64 but since I bought it from tiny looks like I am up the creak without a paddle as far as getting it repaired so if there is anybody out there who could please help me I would really appreciate it

Thank's Pete
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Feb 27, 2006, 12:25 AM
    Did the problem start from day 1 with the burner or just now?if just now perhaps your firmware is messed up... can the drive recognize the cd?you say u need to reboot to get the disk out... I had the same problem with my old pioneer dvd burner but it turned out to be a defective unit... bought a lite-on for $40 and never regretted it since.. sry
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 27, 2006, 07:13 AM
    Have you contacted Sony tech support? It could be a firmware issue. It could also be a problem with the version of the burning software you are using. It could even be a defective drive.

What brand computer? Where did you buy it? What warranty was offered?

Feb 27, 2006, 12:07 PM
    Thanks to all replies the problem started app 2mths ago I have had the comp about 6 months .Will certainly try Sony tech supp thanks for all help offered very much appreciate it pete

Feb 27, 2006, 12:12 PM
    I am using Traxdata cdrs and have no recognition from the computer when I place one in the drive has any body had problems with this make of cdrs
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 27, 2006, 12:46 PM
    Never heard of them, but I would definitely try another brand if you have only been trying those.
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Feb 28, 2006, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Never heard of them, but I would definitely try another brand if you have only been trying those.
    Totally agree with that statement..
    Never stick to just 1 brand of anything... all burners do not burn all disks the same.. perhaps the batch of cd'rs you received are defective.. lord knows I have had that happen to dvd's before... have you tried the cd burning function of windows yet?if that doesn't work I'm guessing you have a siftware issue more than hardware issue... just try to right click on a tune and hit ADD TO BURN LIST and try to burn
    If it doesn't work I heard about aspi drivers that control some function of burning in windows but they are a tricky thing to mess with right now since you are burning dvd'd OK...
    Out of curiosity what speed can you burn dvd's at currently?

News flash... just checked with some other forums and it seems that you have a problemsum burner... try buying a cheap burner to use and if it works easy solution.. GET RID OF SONY...

Feb 28, 2006, 05:31 PM
    Thank's Tommy tried your suggestion still the same I'm going to change cdrs so hopefully remedy prob otherwise new burner thanks pete

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eye burn [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was wielding and in the middle of the night, he said that his eye was burning bad. Any home remedies? Donna

How can I burn this.. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a file in my hard disk and its an intaller Adobe CS about 1.04 GB... my problem is I want to save it into disk, I don't have a DVD writter so I have to separate the file using 700 MB CDs but I don't know what files should be in the 1st cd and what files in the 2nd one for the installer to...

Will my house burn down? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: I wrote earlier about the squeaking/screeching dryer... some people gave me some good advice, but I need to know if you think that it is safe to use, and if I need to buy a new one. If it is the bearings... what happens if they get too hot and seize completley... will that...

Can I burn it... [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my Q is can I download a Playstation Games and burn it to disk and play it with my playstation... :confused:

CD Burn Help [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having a problem burning CD's using napster, I have used it before and it worked fine I don't know what has changed. I start the burn and I get a error message: An error has occurred while burning. A possible cause for this could be incompatiable media or too high a burning speed.Please...

View more questions Search