Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andjusticeforal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 05:31 PM
    Parental rights in a guardianship situation
    I need to know what laws permits the juvenile courts to remove a child from parental contact without any actual rational basis. Is it legal to completely sever the relationship between parent and child based on testimony from of the family? My minor daughter has been completely and effectively removed from my care and influence since December of 2004 when I drove her to visit these people for a Christmas break vacation.
    I need some input on this it seems totally illegal to me, and of course I do not have the financial resources to buy her back with a lawyer. Her father is currently incarcerated with put into motion the chains of events. The courts have asked me to stop making inquiries about my daughter so in theory I may never see her or hear from her again. Why is this legal?
    Linda J. Pinkowski
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2008, 10:38 PM
    What do you mean there was not rational basis?
    There must be something you're not telling us. The court isn't just going to come in and be like, "hm...let's cut off this mother for the hell of it." what was your relationship like with your daughter before? What sort of testimony was given by these family members?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 11:43 PM
    (Question moved from Introductions to more appropriate area in order to get the most exposure. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves, and we try to not ask questions in that area. Thank you!)
    andjusticeforal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55
    what do you mean there was not rational basis?
    there must be something you're not telling us. the court isn't just going to come in and be like, "hm...let's cut off this mother for the hell of it." what was your relationship like with your daughter before? what sort of testimony was given by these family members?
    My daughter and I have loved each other from her birth. We always will. The woman who has her now is a manipulating control freak who believes she has all the answers to every one else's problems, she is an individual I will never like. Her daughter is my daughters best friend, they have been buying my daughters love from early on, and now they have the State of Arizona, CPS, the juvenile courts to back them up. It is friggen hell. No one should ever have to ge through this hell. And yes mister lawyer man they did cut of this mother for the hell of it, exactly right you nailed it.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

May 20, 2008, 02:26 PM
    "My husband gave up his parental rights and so did I for the sake of the financial status of our daughter..."

There you go. That is most likely why the courts are making it hard for you to get her back.

May 20, 2008, 02:28 PM
    "And yes mister lawyer man they did cut of this mother for the hell of it, exactly right you nailed it."

I'd say YOU cut yourself off lady.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2008, 11:27 PM
    WOW. Your attitude says a hell of a lot more than your first post. You sound exactly like my mother. She swore up and down that my aunt and uncle had bought my brother and me off. The truth was she was driving me crazy with her dinking, partying, mental and emotional abuse. And I was the one who called cps and then kept calling back filing complaints when they refused to help me. And I was the one who set all of the things in motion because I wanted to get the hell out. And when I told the court I didn't want anything to do with her, the judge said all right.
    I know full well that unfortunately there are a number of judges that do not serve justice as its intended. But I am extremely grateful for everyone of them that does and support any judement where the judge truly believes that he or she is acting in the best interests of the child. Just because you and your daughter love each other does not mean you are a healthy person for her to be around. The fact that you chewed someone out online because they asked for more details about your side of the story to try and help you shows that you clearly have some issues you need to work through.

Thanks judy kay
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 21, 2008, 02:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Depressed in MO
    "My husband gave up his parental rights and so did I for the sake of the financial status of our daughter..."

There you go. That is most likely why the courts are making it hard for you to get her back.
    I am wondering where what you have quoted went to? Has something been changed in the original post?

May 21, 2008, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I am wondering where what you have quoted went to? Has something been changed in the original post?
    Nothing changed in the original post. She did, however, edit her second post directed to Justcurious55, because I copied and pasted those specific words from that exact post yesterday afternoon. So yes, she did edit it.

What I have quoted is correct and NOT made up.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 21, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Depressed in MO
    Nothing changed in the original post. She did, however, edit her second post directed to Justcurious55, because I copied and pasted those specific words from that exact post yesterday afternoon. So yes, she did edit it.

What I have quoted is correct and NOT made up.

Exactly - when I read through the first post and then read through it again it had changed - I guess "cleaned up" a little bit to sound better.

I've had an issue with this before - a person answers based on a situation or attitude, the OP sees the comments and changes the original post, the person who answered looks like he/she changed the quoted, original post or is coming out of left field.

I have the same situation on another thread where I am accused of changing the post - which I printed out in order to answer a lengthy post and which I have.

This quote is unchanged from the first post and most definitely NOT made up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guardianship rights [ 3 Answers ]

I just wanted to know, under what type of power can a guardian give permission for a minor of 16yrs to marry? Can it be done under the power of attorney form or does it have to be through court? Thank you!:)

Parental rights [ 5 Answers ]

Can I legally sign my rights over to the mother of my alleged children do to the fact the mother and her boyfriend do not want me around or to talk to them

Parental Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know are you still obligated to pay child support in the state of Georgia if you would like to sign over all parental rights to the child.

What rights do tenent/landlord have in share-rental situation [ 5 Answers ]

Situation: Landlord owns a 3 bedroom townhome. Landlord has entered into 3 separate rental agreements, with 3 different tenants, each of whom rent one of the bedrooms with shared access to remaining common areas (kitchen, living room, garage, etc). Landlord has stated that when one or more of...

In a bad situation! Whate are his rights in this case? [ 6 Answers ]

I am currently almost in my third trimester and have recently "broke up" with the babie's father. The pregnancy was a surprise for both of us, certainly NOT planned. At first, I wasn't scared at all since we had been together for almost 6 years. But the further along I got, the worse he started...

View more questions Search