Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bjerke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Why does sex suck?
    I have been having sex for 7 months now and we do it like 4 times a week, at least, but it still hurts so incredibly bad!! I've been to my obgyn, and nothing is wrong with me. We have read all of the articles on painful sex. We do sufficient foreplay and my husband has tried everything and is very paitient. I was told it might be psychological, but still? I either have extreme pain or at best feel nothing at all. On rare occasions I might feel good, but that only lasts for seconds, literally seconds! I have never even had an orgasm and am trying so hard not to get frustrated, but what can I do. HELP!! PLEASE!
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

May 19, 2008, 04:19 PM
    Do you have enough lubrication? You could also be extra small, or he can be extra big, were you ever molested or raped? If so, then it definitely could be psycholgical.. Did you lose your virginity to him? If so you're new to this, 7 months isn't that long.. every person is different.. you just need to work out your body and get used to it... I really suggest you try some lube.. if he's too big, try doggie style it's a position where he goes in very shallow.. good luck, maybe you should think about seeing a sex therapist?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 19, 2008, 05:52 PM
    Are you using lube? Sometimes lube can be the cause of it--I know certain types make me feel like I'm on fire inside.

The thing is... for women, sex is 90% mental. Even if you THINK you're ready for sex, you could be jumping the gun.

Have him do NOTHING but foreplay for a good long time--make it all about the journey, and not the destination. That may mean that you have to go back to NOT having sex for a while... you need to be completely comfortable mentally, and that means NO pressure--not from him, and especially not from yourself.

Can you orgasm from self-stimulation? If not, why not? Have you tried learning your own body?

Worst case scenario, you may need to talk to a sex therapist, who may be able to help you determine where, mentally, you are taking a wrong turn.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 06:25 PM
    I agree with syn...

Can you reach orgasm with self stim? Can you get there with oral? Can you explain where the pain is anatomically?
    SJB1701E Posts: 164, Reputation: 30

May 20, 2008, 02:20 AM
    My girlfriend had problems when we started having a sexual relationship. It took 5 months of patience on both our parts before I could penetrate her without pain. It was psychological in her case. She had a hard time relaxing. It didn't help that she was anticipating pain after the first few times trying. Almost like since she expected it to hurt she tensed up more. I'm not sure if maybe she wasn't entirely ready mentally and emotionally, or what, but I new the problem lied with her being tense and unable to relax. The first time it happened without pain, it wa a romantic setting, candlelit bedroom, deep back massage, gentle kisses all over her body, caressing her, being really gentle. Most of it is mental. Starting you have to be very relaxed, you have to be comfortable with your partner, the mood has to be right, lots of foreplay, and take things slow. 90% of a woman's erogenous zones are between her ears. If you aren't relaxed and ready, its going to hurt.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Let me make sure I understand... your hymen is broken, and regular intercourse is giving you a lot of problems with pain and dissatisfaction.

OK, you're in big trouble with your sexuality and have to go to a physician to get a referral to a good therapist.

Sexual relations with orgasmic bliss is a great pleasure in life, tension releasing, female asserting, confidence building, and not to mention husband pleasing!! If sex is misery, get help before the problems causing your dissatisfaction become hopelessly entrenched.

Really, really best wishes for a new you!
    Uber Member

May 20, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    OK, you're in big trouble with your sexuality and have to go to a physician to get a referral to a good therapist.

Sexual relations with orgasmic bliss is a great pleasure in life, tension releasing, female asserting, confidence building, and not to mention husband pleasing!!!! If sex is misery, get help before the problems causing your dissatisfaction become hopelessly entrenched.
    Gee... making the person feel like crap about seeking out therapy, and then telling them to get help??

Great job saying "sucks to be as screwed up as you are"... a lousy post.
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2008, 12:28 PM
    I think you misunderstood as usual.

Therapy is a great asset to all people if they are serious about it, and I frequently recommend it.

As I ALWAYS RECOMMENT having a great orgasmic sex life. :)
    Uber Member

May 20, 2008, 12:33 PM
    You commonly tell people to get the heck out of relationships when mental issues present themselves concerning sex.
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Your generalization is incorrect.
    Expert

May 20, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Argue about it in PMs, please.

And CC me... it's good drama.

However--stop hijacking the OP's thread.
    Uber Member

May 20, 2008, 02:01 PM
    Well I started it!

Wait... bad defense. Not a good debate defense at all. Dum dum dum.

At least I'm cute.

*back to the OP*
    Expert

May 20, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Kp... ybabbngtmr!
    maiwest Posts: 18, Reputation: 5

May 20, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Yes I agree with everybody... I think you have to try self-stimulation and oral sex to see if you can climax in this manner. Maybe there's not enough foreplay when you have sex or you don't have enough lubricant.

Maybe it's psychological as well. Your boyfriend has to be patient and walk you through this... because if you persist with having sex despite the pain, the psychological situation will get worse for you as you will associate the sex with pain more than pleasure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does life always suck? [ 5 Answers ]

This is my first post. I'm kind of feeling awkward about the whole thing but here we go. Basically the last 3 years has been hell. I just don't know what to do anymore or why I am the way I am. I hate everything about myself, my life, my present situation and my future. I'm in a program in...

Why do people suck? [ 12 Answers ]

My sister had her baby at 8:49am it is now 9:35am. This is her 3rd baby and she turned 17 in February... Her first baby shae gave up for adoption her second one she kept and this one she gave up for adoption as well. When people ask me, "Is your sister keeping the baby?" I tell them the truth "No,...

Breakups suck! [ 4 Answers ]

So on Monday the love of my life broke up with me over the phone (how lame! ) He said he did it over the phone because he didn't want me to beg to take him back and that I wouldn't leave his house until he did (which is true) Hes already been liking this other girl for a few weeks and I did know...

Exgirlfriends suck [ 2 Answers ]

So... My boyfriend and I have been dating for awhile. The problem is is that his ex girlfriend literally lives two doors down from him. They dated for three years but broke up about 9 times throughout all of that. They constantly fought and he's told me that he would always be angry. Now we're...

View more questions Search