Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corigirl77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Changing electrical wiring on a dryer to fit a 4 prong socket
    :mad: trying to change the electric dryer cord from a three prong to a 4 prong. When opening the back of the dryer, there is only three wiring spots and the 4 prong.. is there a safe way to rig this? HELP!!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Does this help:

http://www.diyelectricitysite.org/?p=221

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring 3 prong plug on 4 prong dyer [ 2 Answers ]

I have one question about wiring a 3 prong plug on my dryer. Do I attached the middle white wire to the side ground OR do I take the side ground wire and attach that along with the while wire on the middle screw? Arvy

Dryer wiring 3 prong -- neutral wire? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi-- I am trying to wire what seems to be a 3-prong dryer into a 4-prong dryer receptacle. If I understand correctly, I need to disconnect the ground from the neutral on the back of the dryer, and hook them up separately to my 4-wire cord -- the ground wire is the added 4th wire. However,...

3 prong to 4 prong dryer cord [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I wanted to know when converting to a 4 prong dryer cord , what do you do with the green ground wire that is already connected to the frame. Do I replace it with the green ground wire that's on the cord or do I leave it alone, and place the green wire from the cord on another screw.

Changing 4 prong dryer plug to work with 3 prong outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dryer I haven't been able to use. I moved into an older house and bought a wall outlet to match the plug that's on the dryer. The problem is, any way I rewire the outlet with given wires it won't work.

Changing a 4 prong to 3 prong [ 2 Answers ]

I recently moved and my dryer is a 4 prong and I need to change it to a 3 prong. I am not sure which wires go where. I had a black, white,red and green. Do I take the green ground wire and attach it to the white neutral? My new wires all all neutrasl with the middle being the white.

View more questions Search