Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike63ob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Ghana Citizen Declaration Fee to Visit USA
    Would some one know the proper amount of the Declaration Fee Note for a Ghanaian Citizen to leave Accra and visit the USA, Ga. For a period of approximatley 60 days.

The Passport and Visa has been issued and the flight ticket has been purchased. But I was told that the Declaration Fee to exit Ghana was about $3300 GHC.

I would like to know how do I get around having to pay so much. It seems to me it should be not more than $300 if anything at all.

I will be waiting for the answer and Reply.

Thank You,

Mike
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Found a new love of your life? Bet she needed 1000 or more for a passport? Or have you gotten to that yet.
    You do realise that Ghana is so well known for dating scams that 90 percent of the US embassy web site to Ghana is nothing but warnings.

The total passport fee is 100 dollars And actually it is illegal to travel out of Ghana with more than 500 GHC in cash. The 3300 "fee" is referring to the old money system and is about that 30 US dollars

Also they will most likely tell you about having to pay off some government official also.

You can contact the Ghana embassy in Washington DC, they can provide you with more info

More info form Ghana embassy
    US Diplomatic Mission to Ghana: Press Release, Public Affairs Section

Also if you have a copy of their passport, you can verify this from the government though this web site

[email protected]

Also plane fair can be done prepaid, there is no need to wire money there.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 19, 2008, 03:52 PM
    To obtain new Ghana passport, the fee is US $180
    Verify with Ghana Embassy in DC here... Ghana Emabassy, Washington DC

Fee for visitor's visa to US is $131

Other details can be found here US Diplomatic Mission to Ghana:
    US Diplomatic Mission to Ghana: Visa Services

And you might want to read about scam warning posted by US embassy in Ghana...
    US Diplomatic Mission to Ghana: Press Release, Public Affairs Section
    thinny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2011, 10:06 PM
    Is there a fee to leave ghana?
    harvet57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2012, 10:44 PM
    Is there a fee to leave ghana
    Rollie_L Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2012, 11:36 PM
    The Declaration is the cash she needs to have on her when she gets on the plain the amount varies but is mostly $500.00 it is for her to show that she can find for herself once she is in the USA. But my friend you may want to get in touch with someone about this before you go all the way with her. A K1 visa has to be filed within the USA before she can come to the States it can not be filed in Accra Ghana also you would have had to meet her at least once (within her country) before you could file anything Found this out the hard way.
    Good Luck Rollie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statuary declaration fee for ghana [ 3 Answers ]

Is there an actuall fee, how much, or is this a scam?

US naturalized citizen to become French citizen? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello! I want to know what the process is like to become a French citizen for an American Naturalized Citizen (born in Armenia). My boyfriend is French, and we might get married but we might not. I want to know : 1)how I could be granted French Citizenship without marrying my boyfriend and...

Marriage law between a Turkish citizen and Greek citizen [ 0 Answers ]

To whom it may concern ı would like to find out if a Turkish citizen gets married in Greece with a Greek citizen does the Turkish citizen has to wait and remain in Greece until her residant permit arrives? Doesn't she aloud to travel abroad before the resident permit document arrives? How...

View more questions Search