Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kyhillbilly420 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Transmission range sensor/ netural switch
    Are the transmission range sensor and the netural switch the same?
    Thanks
    Doug
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 19, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kyhillbilly420
    are the transmission range sensor and the netural switch the same?
    Thanks
    Doug
    Technically, yes and no.
    The trans range sensor or switch is for an automatic transmission and is designed to indicate which position the shifter is in based on operator selection, whether that position is park, reverse, neutral, or any of the drive selections that may be offered.
    The neutral switch is a safety function of that switch and, along with the park switch, prevents starting the engine while a forward or reverse gear is selected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace transmission range sensor [ 3 Answers ]

How do I replace the transmission range sensor in a ford windstar 2000

Transmission seems stuck in netural [ 2 Answers ]

Transmission 1999 taurus actlike its stuck in netural, was driving down the road was taking off from a stop and the car would not go, the car will start in netural and park but won't in thr drive gears... thanks

Motion Sensor 2-Way Switch [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I am trying to design a light for a studio project at school and I have some questions on the wiring and most importantly the motion sensor. I am going to have two lighting groups, which will be a main flood light and then a group of LEDS. Mind you I really don't know what I'm doing so...

Transmission range switch vs position sensor [ 2 Answers ]

1998 Honda CR-V Check engine light came on. Honda troubleshot it saying it needed the transmission range switch replaced. After work done, invoice showed that the position sensor was replaced (part # 28900-P4T-003). Are these two parts one in the same? Thank you for your help.

Motion sensor switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a leviton motion activated light control I just purchased. In the wall switch there is a black red green and white... on the new switch there is a black green and red... I got the black and green but does the red on the new switch go to white?? Thanks in advance

View more questions Search