Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariamar Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2006, 11:45 AM
    Why not fill in a Public Profile?
    :confused:
    Well... thatīs just a suggestion but... I think everyone, in here, should have a small profile!!
    On most of the net groups I know, thatīs one of the most important conditions to join and be accepted by them!!
    What do you think about it?
    Thanks

Maria
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2006, 12:49 PM
    But also only give that information you would not mind a criminal, a insane person or even a me to have,

Often people post way too much about theirself. I still do persnally, but I will mention a few years ago becaue of my very strong pro life stand, I got a online stalker, they emailed and even wronte my place of work and church about things I posted on the web. They latter even left notes in my physcial mail box ( moved from online to real life)

We need to provide only the amount of info that is required or we feel comfortable with.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2006, 01:06 PM
    I agree with the good Father. Also I'm just here to help others, not to be "accepted" by them. My friends are in real life, not online.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2006, 01:14 PM
    I concur with the other 2.

Providing too much information can be potentially dangerous. My little cousin posted her name, address, the works. I spoke with her mother (my aunt) and it was removed. There are a lot of predators out there.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 26, 2006, 01:16 PM
    Do you really want to know that I'm a cattle prod wealding maniac that's loves to collect beer bottle tops ;)

Thought not.
    I only give out publicly available information on myself.
    If you get to know me better I may open up a little, but don't count on it.

It is entirely up to each member how much they enter into their profiles.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Feb 26, 2006, 01:29 PM
    I love tending the sheep late at night,and beaming them aboard my spaceship.I'm not mad you know.Who said I was... eh... Own up...
    Xx.Blue.on.Black.Xx Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Feb 26, 2006, 01:57 PM
    I'm very brief when it comes to profiles. I myself very rarely state the personal. I'm a very private person and when it comes to the next, I'm a locked door.:o
    mariamar Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2006, 02:00 PM
    :cool:

Thanks a lot for your brilliant opinions!!
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Feb 26, 2006, 02:02 PM
    I agree with all the above... Safty is always at the front !
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2006, 03:58 PM
    What ever you guys do with your sheep in the privacy of your home is your business,

But yes, every now and then esp if I see a young person or what appears to be a person who may not reaslise this, I take the info and do a little research and then give them a lot more info about thierself.
    I did that for one person on this site a month or two ago. Not as detailed as in years past but enough to make them think.

Now perosnally since I have church, a music ministry and the such I am posted all over the web. So I post almost anything and everything. But again we take a risk in doing that.

But it doesn't hurt to tell some about each other, favorite foods, or hobbies, how long it takes you to shear a sheep, thinigs like that.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2006, 04:58 PM
    I hope in my profile I have given a few details to support the credibility of my answers, without giving all the people I have offended with them, enough clues to track me down.
    Style Posts: 48, Reputation: 7

Apr 10, 2006, 11:53 PM
    I enjoy kung fu, chess club, debating, and I've been told I have good writing skills (I want to eventually write a book)... I have no idea how long it takes to shear a sheep, but I imagine a lawn mower would speed things up considerably. I'm in an advanced program at school so I don't have as much free time as I'd like, and I'm straight edge. I think divisions in religions that share the same general belief in what's good and bad in terms of behavior (the basics, murder,rape,thievery,etc.) are pointless, and I like Italian food. I believe that's 'nuff said ,no?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Profile reset? [ 1 Answers ]

SOLVED I can't figure this out. One of my friends were on my computer a few days ago, when he finished, he shut it down. When I started it up, my proflile was... reset. For example, My active Desktop displays the screen it showed when I first installed Windows 2000 on it. My Mozilla Firefox...

XP Pro Profile Sharing [ 3 Answers ]

I have Windows XP Pro and I am working on a network. I am wanting to have 2 user accounts each sharing a profile (this step I am pretty sure I completed). The tricky thing I am trying to do is that when I logon while off the network Windows XP will automatically detect that I am not on the...

View more questions Search