Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimberlyfanelli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 10:21 AM
    Convicted felon on parole needs passport
    I want to travel to Jamaica but am a convicted felon on parole still. Can I travel or do I have to wait?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 12:47 PM
    You should wait. I seriously doubt if the parole people will give you permission to travel out of the states. If they did (by a miracle) you would need written permission to leave the states. You may be able to get a passport, but you won't really be able to properly use it. You would definitely be stopped on the way back into the country though.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Ok, first anyone can get a passport unless you have been denied it by courts, government or other reason. But a felon can get one of course it is merely a national ID, getting the visa to enter the other nation was an issue.

The real issue will be getting your PO to OK your trip
    Sswtkl601 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2013, 06:51 PM
    My fiancé and I are planning our wedding for the weekend after he gets off parole. Would he be able to get a passport before he is released from parole so we can go on our Honeymoon. We would be traveling the week after he gets released.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passport for convicted felon [ 3 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon get a passport?

Passport for a convicted felon [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé and I want to get married on a cruise ship in apr of '08. Since the laws have changed we have to get passports. He is a convicted felon for dui/manslaughter. It has been almost 6yrs since the accident. Can he get a passport? If so do we apply as normal or are there other steps that should...

I am a convicted felon [ 5 Answers ]

I live in the state of California so if anyone can help me please or give me any advive I would appriecate it very much. I am a recovering addict. I have almost five years clean. When I was using, I was a totally different person and went a little crazy, stupid crazy. Anyway, I was convicted of...

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

View more questions Search